PDA

View Full Version : Praus Productions or Harmon Lab for 5x7 B&W processing?

Chester McCheeserton
25-Jan-2019, 23:17
curious if anyone has experience they can relate with either of the above two places?

Normally I process myself in trays to save money and avoid clip marks, but have fallen behind and and am working so many hours that I'm considering sending a batch to one of these guys to see how they do...I'm a fan of perfect skies without surge marks from the clips.

I guess the ilford lab in California would likely have clip marks....anyone know if Praus uses a JOBO expert drum when they run 57?

peter schrager
26-Jan-2019, 07:51
Call Prauss...otherwise canyon answer your question but he does great work

Roger Thoms
26-Jan-2019, 08:26
I had one batch of 8x10 b&w negs processed by Praus and the came back super clean and developed very nicely. I don’t believe there were any clip marks but I’d have to double check when I get home. Certainly a call or email to them would confirm. Also the turnaround was good, mailed from Phoenix on a Friday and received them back on the following Friday.

I’m about to send them another batch as I’m working a lot of hours right now and also have a backlog.

Can’t speak to Harmon as I have never used them.

Roger

Chester McCheeserton
29-Jan-2019, 20:36
I had one batch of 8x10 b&w negs processed by Praus and the came back super clean and developed very nicely. I don’t believe there were any clip marks but I’d have to double check when I get home. Certainly a call or email to them would confirm. Also the turnaround was good, mailed from Phoenix on a Friday and received them back on the following Friday.

I’m about to send them another batch as I’m working a lot of hours right now and also have a backlog.

Can’t speak to Harmon as I have never used them.

Roger

Thanks Roger

Chester McCheeserton
29-Jan-2019, 20:38
Call Prauss...otherwise canyon answer your question but he does great work

OK Thanks I'll canyon him