PDA

View Full Version : Bellows Installation

Craig Tuffin
20-Jan-2019, 18:01
I just received my new bellows on frames from Keith at Custom Bellows UK.
The frames had a bit of adhesive when I removed them but I’m tempted not to use one so the bellows may be removed more easily in the future. That would mean that I’m relying only on the screws to hold the frames in place.
Is this enough? I read in a search that one person uses double-sided tape along with the screws.
What is the general consensus on installation of a new bellows?
Thanks

Two23
20-Jan-2019, 18:51
What camera?

Kent in SD

Craig Tuffin
20-Jan-2019, 19:10
Deardorff 8x10

What camera?

Kent in SD

Two23
20-Jan-2019, 19:41
Those are large and heavy. Maybe put a small spot of adhesive from a glue gun on each side?

Kent in SD

diversey
20-Jan-2019, 20:47
For Deardorff V8, you need not put glue on bellow frame, just screw the frame on back standard, but you need seal where the frame contacts inside of back standard and paint it in black or using a black sharpie.

Craig Tuffin
21-Jan-2019, 02:14
Thank you!

Paul Ron
23-Jan-2019, 18:01
A thin foam light seal is what you should put under the frame. What you see as glue on the old one is more than likey to be old rotted foam seal.

pacviewcam
10-Mar-2019, 05:11
The old adhesive was probably window caulking compound. I used to think it was paint, but the caulking compound makes sense. Dries well but remains flexible, impervious to elements. Just use a very thin bead around the edge, try not to let too much build up so it doesn't get in the way of the back being put onto the camera.