PDA

View Full Version : Please direct me to the best scanning thread

Laminarman
18-Jan-2019, 15:51
I've been searching and there are over 6 hundred threads on scanning. Interested in any thread here that addresses BW on Epson v850. I'm struggling with the histogram...etc. and tonal range. Read Kenn Lee's blog, but still getting so so results. Someone mentioned a thread by "Pali?" Can't quite remember and can't find the thread referencing it now. My apologies.

IanBarber
18-Jan-2019, 15:56
I've been searching and there are over 6 hundred threads on scanning. Interested in any thread here that addresses BW on Epson v850. I'm struggling with the histogram...etc. and tonal range. Read Kenn Lee's blog, but still getting so so results. Someone mentioned a thread by "Pali?" Can't quite remember and can't find the thread referencing it now. My apologies.

Which software are you using with the V850

Tin Can
18-Jan-2019, 16:00
Pali's thread is a work in progress tune in here. https://www.largeformatphotography.info/forum/showthread.php?150020-Scanner-Comparison-2019-Epson-Flatbed-Eversmart-Flatbed-Drum-Scanners&p=1477867&viewfull=1#post1477867

Laminarman
18-Jan-2019, 16:38
Which software are you using with the V850

Either the Epson scanning software or more likely the Silverfast. I'm wondering if some films scan better than others. Thank you Randy I'll go dive into that thread.

Steven Ruttenberg
28-Jan-2019, 15:32
Vuescan is my favorite. Has the most freedom to do what you want, unless you are planning to convert all your files during the scan phase. But for raw linear output files Vuescan is hands down the best and easiest to use and won't choke your scanner.