PDA

View Full Version : Replacement Film Holders and light meter

Steven Ruttenberg
15-Jan-2019, 22:37
Just received the first 8 of 14 replacement Toyo cut film holders for 4x5 and my replacement Seikonoic L508 light meter. I lost my film bag with 14 holders, film, and light meter while up at Pariah Canyon and Vermillion cliffs area. I was sicker than 3 dogs and tried to make it work. Hint, if your sick make sure your wife knows your gear and is looking out for you. Nice this g is though, the light meter is pretty much brand new and unused. The film holders look and feel brand new and I got them for around 20 bucks a holder. Waiting on final 6 to show up. I need to now replace my wooden Chamonix holder and get like a total of ten. That was an expensive trip. Didn't even get one frame shot.

Wayne
15-Jan-2019, 23:27
Just received the first 8 of 14 replacement Toyo cut film holders for 4x5 and my replacement Seikonoic L508 light meter. I lost my film bag with 14 holders, film, and light meter while up at Pariah Canyon and Vermillion cliffs area. I was sicker than 3 dogs and tried to make it work. Hint, if your sick make sure your wife knows your gear and is looking out for you. Nice this g is though, the light meter is pretty much brand new and unused. The film holders look and feel brand new and I got them for around 20 bucks a holder. Waiting on final 6 to show up. I need to now replace my wooden Chamonix holder and get like a total of ten. That was an expensive trip. Didn't even get one frame shot.

How can you lose a bag with 14 holders and a light meter? And where did you lose it? Maybe someone here will be in the area and can keep an eye out. Its probably not worth enough to steal since most people here are rich. :)

Steven Ruttenberg
15-Jan-2019, 23:52
I was like beyond death after driving 6 hours to get there, it was also freezing cold. I figure I thought I put it in truck, but in my state I probably left it on rail of pick up bed and drove off. I checked with hitel they didn't have it, police didn't have it. If someone goes down the road to the Pariah Canyon view point off highway 89, it could be there or perhaps somewhere along House Rock RD. Black bag with 14 film holders mix of Toyo cut film holders with blue writing and somebothers with met pull tabs. By Toyo as well I think. Also has the Seikonic light meter in it.

I just tried pushing it when I should just stayed in bed at hotel.

Steven Ruttenberg
15-Jan-2019, 23:53
Stayed at Baymont hotel in Paige, AZ.

Paul Ron
16-Jan-2019, 17:51
did you include any contact info in your bag or label the meter with a contact number or email address?

i did alot of backpacking in the mountains n learned to put my info on everything. over the years ive found so many items of forgetful hikers without any clue who to return it to. id just turn it over to the park rangers or leave it at the trail head at the sign in book.

Steven Ruttenberg
16-Jan-2019, 18:03
I didn't. Years of being a Sheriff's Deputy, I got in the habbit of not leaving my information on anything. When I was in, it was like now where officers are targeted so we made sure nothing of a personal nature ever left our control for any reason.

aaronnate
16-Jan-2019, 19:47
When were you down here? It’s been snowing and raining a lot here but I’m planning on heading out that way Monday just because. I’ll have a look around.

Steven Ruttenberg
16-Jan-2019, 19:57
The weekend of the 27-29 December 2018. That would be appreciated. I haven't checked with the Paige police since I left. I am thinking of calling Utah state police see if they have anything.

John Kasaian
16-Jan-2019, 20:58
Glad you made it back safe!

aaronnate
16-Jan-2019, 21:27
The weekend of the 27-29 December 2018. That would be appreciated. I haven't checked with the Paige police since I left. I am thinking of calling Utah state police see if they have anything.

Would not hurt to call but Out here stuff will just sit in a ditch until it decays away unless someone, like me, stops to take a photo. Way too many miles and way too few officers. If I get out there I’ll look.

Steven Ruttenberg
16-Jan-2019, 23:48
Would not hurt to call but Out here stuff will just sit in a ditch until it decays away unless someone, like me, stops to take a photo. Way too many miles and way too few officers. If I get out there I’ll look.

Cool. Thanks. I guess it is somewhere between Baymont hotel on scenic drive the Pariah look out of 89. I drive that dirt road all the to the end at a river with a big tree. The river was frozen and down about 80% or more it looked like. Thanks again. If you find it you got dinner on me!

I could send my track from gaia which will show every single place I went.

Paul Ron
17-Jan-2019, 06:16
Steven Ruttenberg
www.steveruttenbergphotography.com
steve@kronuswarp.com

thats not much to leave on a piece of tape or magic marker it on your stuff.

well i hope it is in a ditch waiting for ya.

Steven Ruttenberg
17-Jan-2019, 08:19
Me too, or just sitting at only 1 of 2 spots I got out.

Steven Ruttenberg
17-Jan-2019, 08:20
Steven Ruttenberg
www.steveruttenbergphotography.com
steve@kronuswarp.com

thats not much to leave on a piece of tape or magic marker it on your stuff.

well i hope it is in a ditch waiting for ya.

No, but old habits are hard to break when established as they were.

Alan Gales
17-Jan-2019, 09:13
I was like beyond death after driving 6 hours to get there, it was also freezing cold. I figure I thought I put it in truck, but in my state I probably left it on rail of pick up bed and drove off. I checked with hitel they didn't have it, police didn't have it. If someone goes down the road to the Pariah Canyon view point off highway 89, it could be there or perhaps somewhere along House Rock RD. Black bag with 14 film holders mix of Toyo cut film holders with blue writing and somebothers with met pull tabs. By Toyo as well I think. Also has the Seikonic light meter in it.

I just tried pushing it when I should just stayed in bed at hotel.

It happens. I've worked construction with fevers when I should have been home in bed. Probably have forgotten my head if it wasn't screwed on to my neck. :) Good luck and I hope you find your stuff!

Steven Ruttenberg
17-Jan-2019, 09:16
On a good note. The 14 film holders arrived. Toyo Cut film holders (blue writing) and they look damned near brand new! Paid about 20 bucks each. Some people were trying to sell them for over 40 dollars a piece. The replacement Seikonic L508 arrived as well and looks brand new as well, like it was never used. That was pricey though. Found a sheet of film in one of the holders, I will develop for giggles.

Steven Ruttenberg
17-Jan-2019, 09:44
It happens. I've worked construction with fevers when I should have been home in bed. Probably have forgotten my head if it wasn't screwed on to my neck. :) Good luck and I hope you find your stuff!

Thanks!

Steven Ruttenberg
17-Jan-2019, 10:16
Map locations

https://www.gaiagps.com/public/7C1zPuDwIIOqPKa9Z1dX4NbW

aaronnate
17-Jan-2019, 14:36
It will be like Geocaching or treasure hunting.

Steven Ruttenberg
17-Jan-2019, 17:02
LOL. For sure is somewhere along that track. I checked to just past the hoover dam toward Utah (CA) and then to the south and west on 89A all the way to where we stopped to play in the snow for the 6 year old. It was about 14 miles or so from 89A (before the trailhead for Butte Canyon I believe. Didn't check on the road to the Pariah Lookout or to the end of that road at all. So who knows. It was probably on the road and got snatched up by someone.

Paul Ron
18-Jan-2019, 06:12
btw i saw this great deal on another site... film holders

https://www.photrio.com/forum/threads/fs-set-of-five-5-4-x-5-cut-film-holders-lisco-riteway-fidelity-graphic.164851/

Peter Collins
18-Jan-2019, 06:16
Steven, aren't you the same guy that had a miserable experience on the South Rim of the Grand Canyon? Maybe a friend could check your body temp and other vitals, with a view to the latest weather report, check the layering of your clothing, including rain gear, before you sally forth?

Sometimes it is better to do still life work indoors. Just sayin'

Alan Gales
18-Jan-2019, 10:04
LOL. For sure is somewhere along that track. I checked to just past the hoover dam toward Utah (CA) and then to the south and west on 89A all the way to where we stopped to play in the snow for the 6 year old. It was about 14 miles or so from 89A (before the trailhead for Butte Canyon I believe. Didn't check on the road to the Pariah Lookout or to the end of that road at all. So who knows. It was probably on the road and got snatched up by someone.

As an apprentice, I was walking the roof peak of a two story school we were working on when my tinner's hammer slipped from the leather loop of my tool belt. It slid down the roof and fell off near a tree. We went down to find the hammer and it was no where to be found. There were no people around either. I figured it just ended up in the twilight zone like a lost sock from the dryer! ;)

I had to buy a new hammer and I also bought a better tool belt and pouches.

Andrew O'Neill
18-Jan-2019, 10:16
As an apprentice, I was walking the roof peak of a two story school we were working on when my tinner's hammer slipped from the leather loop of my tool belt. It slid down the roof and fell off near a tree. We went down to find the hammer and it was no where to be found. There were no people around either. I figured it just ended up in the twilight zone like a lost sock from the dryer! ;)

In Saskatchewan, it would have been gophers that pinched your hammer.

Steven Ruttenberg
19-Jan-2019, 21:38
Steven, aren't you the same guy that had a miserable experience on the South Rim of the Grand Canyon? Maybe a friend could check your body temp and other vitals, with a view to the latest weather report, check the layering of your clothing, including rain gear, before you sally forth?

Sometimes it is better to do still life work indoors. Just sayin'

The south rim was just getting rained on and lots of wind and rushing. I wasn't sick. This trip I probably should have figured out before hand as I had a mild sore throat, but I figuref it was due to breathing thru my mouth while sleeping using my cpap. However, I was hell bent on making the trip and images so I pushed it.

Steven Ruttenberg
19-Jan-2019, 21:41

Like the crack of death in cars. Drop something down slot between seat and console and it is swallowed up never to be found again.

Steven Ruttenberg
19-Jan-2019, 21:43
btw i saw this great deal on another site... film holders

https://www.photrio.com/forum/threads/fs-set-of-five-5-4-x-5-cut-film-holders-lisco-riteway-fidelity-graphic.164851/

Not a bad deal at all.

aaronnate
22-Jan-2019, 11:27
I was not able to make it out yesterday. I got KOed by one my headaches. I will try again this weekend. It was rainy with 20-30 MPH winds yesterday anyway. Sorry.