PDA

View Full Version : MIdwest Large Format Asylum 1/26- anyone going?

popdoc
12-Jan-2019, 05:22
Saw this on FB. Never been. Bit of a trip from the east coast. Looks good, and have set aside the time to go. Anyone going?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Tin Can
12-Jan-2019, 06:20
Not I

FrancisF
13-Jan-2019, 18:37
Last year was the first year I went to this long standing annual event. For me it was very much an ideal gathering. Friendly people...wonderful talent...very comfortable gathering and sharing. I can't recommend it enough.

FrancisF
13-Jan-2019, 18:40
Last year was the first year I went to this long standing annual event. For me it was very much an ideal gathering. Friendly people...wonderful talent...very comfortable gathering and sharing. I can't recommend it enough.

Check the facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/groups/275113417230/

diversey
13-Jan-2019, 19:17
It is a great LFP gethering! See the link below on YouTube.

https://youtu.be/QxGL06EnuNw

Chuck Pere
16-Jan-2019, 08:41
I'm planning to attend from NW Chicago suburbs. The YouTube link shows what goes on. People show their work with whatever explanation they want to do and take any questions. This is more a show and tell not a critic session. I've been to a few of these and they are always fun. Plus I think it's important to see as many real prints as you can not just look online. Helps keep you own printing on track. And I can checkout some excellent digital prints to see what's happening in that area. One requirement is prints need to be made from large format cameras.

popdoc
17-Jan-2019, 16:54
Thanks everyone- bought the plane ticket and made the hotel reservation- stoked!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mrportr8
18-Jan-2019, 15:48
We are anticipating a couple of attendees from the east coast this year. Last year one of them drove from Vermont or Connecticut I believe.

Shutterbug57
24-Jan-2019, 04:33
I’m booked into something else 5his year, but will keep this in mind for next year. Looks like fun.

JMO
24-Jan-2019, 09:23
I'm planning to participate, and should arrive by car Friday mid-afternoon.