PDA

View Full Version : Limited Run ASA 25 Ortho plates now available.

Nodda Duma
11-Jan-2019, 16:20
As I continue to experiment with emulsions, I tend to make several test batches which serve as good baselines for adding sensitization, speed, etc. Instead of letting that emulsion go to waste, I figured I'd coat some limited run plates and make them available for folks to try out.

I've set up a shop on my website at this link: https://www.pictoriographica.com/online-shop.html

In there you'll find (currently) two categories of products: Limited Run Dry Plates, and Dry Plate Accessories. Nothing under the latter at the moment. However, under the former category I've added a couple of products:

ASA 2 Orthochromatic Plates. This is a baseline Ortho emulsion with moderate contrast and sensitivity out to green. Use a yellow filter as you would for conventional orthochromatic film.

ASA 25 Fast Orthochromatic Plates. "J. Lane Speed Plates" This is a high contrast, nominally ASA 25 Orthochromatic plate. I've been pushing this out to 32 or even ASA 50, but 25 is a good start. Use a yellow filter to take full advantage of the orthochromaticity as you would for conventional ortho film.

Currently only available in 4x5, I'd be happy to coat in other sizes. Just let me know!

Oh and, once this particular emulsion is gone, there's no more. However, do expect other interesting variants in the future.

Cheers,
Jason

Two23
11-Jan-2019, 16:32
I think I just got the last one.

Kent in SD

Nodda Duma
11-Jan-2019, 16:40
I think I just got the last one.

Kent in SD

Nope, there's 7 boxes left. You ordered the one box of ASA 2 Ortho Plates. Could you see the other listing for the 25 Speed plates? I'm assuming you wanted a box of the latter.

Two23
11-Jan-2019, 16:44
Nope, there's 7 boxes left. You ordered the one box of ASA 2 Ortho Plates. Could you see the other listing for the 25 Speed plates? I'm assuming you wanted a box of the latter.

Didn't notice the listing for the ISO 25, but yes that's what I want. I'll give them a shot.;)

Kent in SD

Nodda Duma
11-Jan-2019, 16:54
Ok perfect! I’ll make sure you get the right plates.