PDA

View Full Version : A Slide Show Tribute to Mother & WWII

Tin Can
9-Jan-2019, 09:19
Mostly portraits, LF and TF.

The last pic is 35mm of June waving hello.

June passed 2.5 years ago age 95.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQyrjwsXjAY

bloodhoundbob
9-Jan-2019, 09:22
Great tribute, my friend.

Eric Rose
9-Jan-2019, 09:24
Touching.

jon.oman
9-Jan-2019, 10:11
Very nice Randy!

andrewch59
9-Jan-2019, 15:36
A wonderful tribute, a mother's passing leaves a hole in the heart which cannot be filled.

Joe O'Hara
10-Jan-2019, 14:41
Thanks, this is lovely.

It makes me think that I should do something similar with the best of our family photographs.

Tin Can
15-Jan-2019, 06:57
I did have an issue with music copyright by SUSAN BOYLE (https://youtu.be/A0gLntLIBYw), but was granted a waiver.

I consider the Susan Boyle version my favorite.

Fantastic song sung by anyone.

Conceptable video.
I want to do something like that for my friends.

Andrew O'Neill
15-Jan-2019, 08:43
Very nice, Randy. And I've always liked Newton's song, especially on the pipes.

diversey
15-Jan-2019, 08:57
Nice video!

Tin Can
15-Jan-2019, 09:01
I love pipes. both pipe and full organ.

I used to get a free bagpipe recital one a week at work. A group used the factory wall to practice, good reflectance.

Then somebody stopped it...:(

Very nice, Randy. And I've always liked Newton's song, especially on the pipes.

Tin Can
15-Jan-2019, 09:02
Thanks David!

Nice video!

Simon Benton
20-Jan-2019, 08:12
A wonderful tribute to your mother. I have been working on one for my mother who died a number of years ago. I was born in the middle of an air raid in London, England and my mother looked after me virtually on her own during WW2 as my dad was in the Royal Armoured Corp (Churchill tanks) and often away somewhere. She had amazing grit and a silent unassuming courage that was so typical of women of her era. Your tribute has spurred me on to complete my tribute to my mom.

Tin Can
20-Jan-2019, 14:44
Thank you Simon, what's not in the video is my father was wounded in France and spent a year in hospital before shipping home.

He would never discuss the war, hid his Purple Heart, mother showed me.

He was never so chipper as he was in those images. I wrote his and mother's obits.

WWII is never far from my mind. My first wife was born in an Occupied Germany 'camp'. She was not German.

A wonderful tribute to your mother. I have been working on one for my mother who died a number of years ago. I was born in the middle of an air raid in London, England and my mother looked after me virtually on her own during WW2 as my dad was in the Royal Armoured Corp (Churchill tanks) and often away somewhere. She had amazing grit and a silent unassuming courage that was so typical of women of her era. Your tribute has spurred me on to complete my tribute to my mom.