PDA

View Full Version : Help on lens wrench dimensions

radu_c
7-Jan-2019, 11:45
I'm designing a lens wrench that I intend to share in the DIY section. I need your help though to get the right dimensions for the different Compur shutter flanges (No.0, No.1, etc...)
I tried to find online a table with these dimensions, but I didn't see any. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Emmanuel BIGLER
7-Jan-2019, 16:21
Hi!
Please find attached a table with some dimensions for retaining rings for various shutter sizes: 00, 0, 1, 2, 3s, 3.

Leigh
7-Jan-2019, 16:38
To expand on Dr. Bigler's info...

My Linos/Rodenstock lens wrench measures 1.0mm thick hardened steel.
It supposedly works for various sizes of Copal, Compur, and Prontor shutters.

- Leigh

Edit: Correction courtesy of Bob Salomon.

Bob Salomon
7-Jan-2019, 17:46
To expand on Dr. Bigler's info...

My Linos/Rodenstock lens wrench measures 1.0mm thick hardened steel.
It supposedly works for various sizes of Rodenstock, Compur, and Prontor shutters.

- Leigh

No, Rodenstock makes the eShutter, which was made many years after the wrench was released, and is a 0 size.

The wrench fits COPAL, Compur and Prontor 0, 1 and 3 size shutters.

Leigh
7-Jan-2019, 17:57
The wrench fits COPAL, Compur and Prontor 0, 1 and 3 size shutters.
I mis-spoke. I meant Copal rather than Rodenstock. Brain fade. I edited the previous post.

Thanks, Bob.

- Leigh

Paul Ron
8-Jan-2019, 12:20
get an adjustable spanner wrench. they are fairly cheap. it will fit anything you have.

one source is MicroTools... google them

radu_c
8-Jan-2019, 18:36
get an adjustable spanner wrench. they are fairly cheap. it will fit anything you have.

one source is MicroTools... google them

A good idea. That’s the style of lens wrench I’m using for my lens repair jobs. Great in a seasoned hand, disaster waiting to happen otherwise.
But I have a small CNC router gathering dust so I figured to do something about that.

Bob Salomon
8-Jan-2019, 19:57
A good idea. That’s the style of lens wrench I’m using for my lens repair jobs. Great in a seasoned hand, disaster waiting to happen otherwise.
But I have a small CNC router gathering dust so I figured to do something about that.

Why not just pick up a Linos/Rodenstock wrench? They work well and don’t wear out!

Keith Pitman
8-Jan-2019, 20:09
Agree. Why waste time making something you can buy inexpensively.

Why not just pick up a Linos/Rodenstock wrench? They work well and don’t wear out!

radu_c
10-Jan-2019, 04:59
Hi!
Please find attached a table with some dimensions for retaining rings for various shutter sizes: 00, 0, 1, 2, 3s, 3.

Thank you! This works. It’s not mentioning specifically the retainer key pitch but since I have the thread dimensions now, I can work it out from ASME or ISO standards.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leigh
10-Jan-2019, 08:47
It’s not mentioning specifically the retainer key pitch but since I have the thread dimensions now, I can work it out from ASME or ISO standards.

What's the "retainer key pitch", and why do you need it?

None of the wrenches I've used over the last 50+ years have any threaded feature related to the shutter threads. A few of them have a pivot with a lateral screw to set the separation of the ends, but that's all.

- Leigh