PDA

View Full Version : creating digital 4x5 contact sheets 4 negs at once

Terence Falk
26-Dec-2018, 16:35
hi everyone,

I need to create the standard looking darkroom contact sheet as it would look if you used Print File page and a place to enter information on top. The trick is I want to do this digitally. My new epson scanner is very good but only scans two at a time. Also there is no way to label
the scans. Someone told me it might be possible in Lightroom, but I have very little experience with that. I am working on the archives of a deceased photographer and it isnt feasible to make them in the darkroom, even though I would prefer that. Any ideas would be appreciated. Thank you.

Greg
26-Dec-2018, 17:41
Epson scanner model? Do you have Photoshop? If not suggest you get GIMP... it's free.

Terence Falk
26-Dec-2018, 18:54
I have an Epson V850 scanner. I do have photoshop. I am not familiar with GIMP but looked at their site. How would this differ from photoshop and would one be better?Why?

Oren Grad
26-Dec-2018, 20:20
On a V850 you should be able to scan 4 4x5's at once, into a single file, by putting them directly on the glass rather than using the 4x5 holder provided with the scanner. That should be a lot more efficient than scanning individually and then manually combining sets of four scans into single "pages".

Jim Andrada
27-Dec-2018, 02:11
It's pretty easy to combine several images into a single Photoshop "page"if that's what you would like to do. Or set up templates for that matter.