PDA

View Full Version : new photographs

adrian tyler
5-Oct-2005, 07:00
here is a link to a new series of photographs that i have been working on this year:

http://www.adriantyler.net/ficha.cfm?idcategoria=56

thanks to the people on this forum who taught me to use a large format camera (and a day job and supportive wife!)

adrian tyler

Luca Merlo
5-Oct-2005, 10:15
Although I am not a very fond of colour photography, I really like your excellent pictures. Were they all taken with an LF camera or some of them were taken with a MF one ?

Congratulazioni

Luca

windpointphoto
5-Oct-2005, 13:21
"Hey, Monet! What kind of brush did you use to paint those waterlillies?" Geez, if they're excellent pictures what difference does it make what kind of camera was used. One's not easier to use then another, just a little faster. Adrian probably can do better work with the worst equipment available then with me using the best.

Luca Merlo
5-Oct-2005, 13:36
Sorry, I was not implying one camera is better than the other or easyer to use. I was just curious ....

QT Luong
5-Oct-2005, 14:00
The photographer made sure there was no doubt that it's LF by not cropping out the film guides in the finished images.

Eric Rose
5-Oct-2005, 15:39
If you go to the "Buildings" gallery many of those were shot with a Blad. Beyond that, I love the compositions and use of design. Very well done.

Craig Wactor
5-Oct-2005, 19:19
Very beautiful images, Adrian. I have a very similar sense of composition (and subject matter).
"road" is my favorite.

Craig Wactor
Very beautiful images, Adrian. I have a very similar sense of composition (and subject matter).
"road" is my favorite gallery.

Craig Wactor
oops

John_4185
5-Oct-2005, 19:56
"Hey, Monet! What kind of brush did you use to paint those waterlillies?" Geez, if they're excellent pictures what difference does it make what kind of camera was used.

This is a LF forum, no? He was merely offering an affirmation.

Wayne Crider
5-Oct-2005, 20:44
Just in case you might have missed it, under each category click on index for the rest of the prints in the category.

Antonio Corcuera
6-Oct-2005, 02:07
I saw some of your "abandoned" landscapes at the "Tiempo y Memoria" exhibition at FotoColectania here in Barcelona a couple of weeks ago. Congratulations Adrian!

julian_4860
7-Oct-2005, 08:23
>>I saw some of your "abandoned" landscapes at the "Tiempo y Memoria" exhibition at FotoColectania here in Barcelona a couple of weeks ago

I saw that too. Its a nice exhibit in general, too. I like the scottish pics a lot especially as I spent a lot of time in the Uists a few years ago. Its a very special place, and I like the fact Adrian keeps going back and mining new material

Richard Fenner
12-Oct-2005, 01:21
I also really enjoyed the photos I saw, but I stopped after a couple. It gets irritating to have to click Index after looking at each image, to then be able to click onto the next image. A 'next image' button would be useful.

Frank Petronio
12-Oct-2005, 07:04
A nice feature for the viewers is to link the images, so that all one has to do is click on the displayed image to move on to the next. It can be taken further with info tags and using the left side of the image to go backwards, as is done at: http://www.slower.net/.

I like the work overall, although it gets repetitive quickly. Technically it looks great and I like the Road series best of all. Photographing a squat is a bit of a cliche.