PDA

View Full Version : Canham Bag Bellows Experience

asf
8-Dec-2018, 12:34
Looking for feedback from anyone who has or has used Canham wide angle bellows, specifically the 8x10 bag

I spoke to one user who complained about the material being too stiff but he also said his were very old and maybe the newer ones are better. He liked the standard bellows and the camera in general.

I’ve asked a Canham directly but not received a reply

Gudmundur Ingolfsson
8-Dec-2018, 12:48
Keith is a very prompt person! He usually answers within hours !

asf
8-Dec-2018, 12:50
True

But he didn’t answer this

Even so I’d like to hear if anyone else has experience

AA+
8-Dec-2018, 16:05
I have two 5x7 Canham wood cameras 25 years apart. When I purchased bag bellows for the older, Mr. Canham wanted my assurance that I felt I knew what I was doing. I assured him that I did. They worked well for me, with limited extension preventing focusing longer lenses. When I purchased my new Canham 5x7, the normal bellows had been reworked to embody some of the bag characteristics for close focusing, very helpful to me. I have been pleased with all of these purchases.

Best wishes --- Allen Anway

Jeff Keller
8-Dec-2018, 18:44
I purchased a used 4x5 "Canham" bag bellows on ebay. The construction was no where near the quality of the cameras. I telephoned Mr. Canham and talked with him. I was quite convinced it wasn't made by Canham even though the seller said it was. I doubt there is enough market for Canham 8x10 bag bellows for someone to be making counterfeit ones but it is a possibility.

jeff

asf
8-Dec-2018, 18:52
Thanks for the responses

The person I spoke with bought his new with his camera probably 15 years ago and said the material used was very stiff and remains so, as such he never uses them and advised me to avoid unless Canham had changed them