PDA

View Full Version : Omega D-5 and Turret - Instructions.

Richard Boulware
1-Oct-2005, 09:24
Anyone have an Omega instruction book for a ProLab D-5 with the three lens turret. I don't have one and I plan to make some modifications on my unit. An instruction book would be helpful.

Many thanks, Richard Boulware - Denver.

David Crossley
1-Oct-2005, 10:02
Richard the "go to guy" on Omega's is Harry @ Classic Enlargers: www.classic-enlargers.com. If Harry does'nt have them, then try: www.khbphotografix.com out of eastern Canada.

David Crossley/Crossley Photography....

John Cook
1-Oct-2005, 12:16
Hey Richard. You’re talking to “Mr. Organization” here. Been married 39 years and have already worn out three Dymo markers. But I always know where my navy blue socks are kept.

Just looked in the Pendaflex file folder of papers that came with my new D-5 Chromega outfit in 1980. Nothing as a separate instruction sheet for the Three Lens Turret, however.

On page 8 of the 16-page Instruction Manual is a 2" by 3" photo of the turret, with the caption:

“An accessory three lens turret (Catalog Number 404-867) is available for your D-5 enlarger. The lens turret permits you to change lenses instantly by merely rotating the turret.”

“For use on the turret, lenses are mounted to the proper oval lens plate, and the lens plates are fastened to the turret by means of the knurled screws supplied.”

“To insert the turret, grasp the turret with the metallic grip towards you. Insert it between the lens stage guides and push it all the way into the stops.”

I also have an 8" by 8" brochure, a Guide to Omega Enlarging Systems” which came with the enlarger. It shows a small photo of the turret, and offers the additional information that it “accepts most lenses from 50mm to 150mm”.

If I owned a digital point-n-shoot, I could e-mail you quick happy-snaps! ;0)

Richard Boulware
1-Oct-2005, 13:03
John & Others. I know about the three lens turret. What I need is the basic manual for the ProLab D-5 itself. I have two metal lathes and I am going to machine a fixture that adjusts the metal plate that the keystone plate follows as the enlarging lens, (with bellows) standard follows...up and down.

I used my laser tool to adjust the negative stage to be parallel with the baseboard, and also the turred lens flanges parallel to the baseboard. Bob Salomon tells me this three lens turret is alway coming out of parallel because of its weight, which seems right on, to me. I'm going to fix that weight deflection problem...and use my small Unimat metal lathe to make the fixture from brass, which is my favorite metal to work with.

The manual for assembly and adjustment of the D-5 is what I want.

Thanks John and all. RB

Richard Boulware
1-Oct-2005, 13:09
BTW.....that laser allignment tool is incredible, and accurate to almost being absurd. I also checked my second enlarger, a Leitz V-35 with the 40mm Focotar.. It was dead-ON according to the laser tool....but then what would you expect fro E. Leitz. (:-)

Richard.