PDA

View Full Version : Any LF users in Australia?

Vui Shin Chong
30-Sep-2005, 13:01
Hi,
I am moving to Australia early next year. Just wondering whether any LF users in Aussie and where do you get your supply. Might stock up some films here in UK and packed along with my other stuffs in cargo.

Cheers

Chong

David Flockhart
30-Sep-2005, 15:00
Hi Chong, There are a few of us out here. To where are you moving in Australia? Supplies come from all over. What are you looking for. Fotoimpex in Germany might be a good place to stock up on film before you come here. Good luck!

Vui Shin Chong
30-Sep-2005, 15:42
Hi David,
Thank you for your quick reply. I will be moving to Coffs Harbour, NSW. Is there a good photographic shop in Sydney for 8x10 b&w films and 4x5 transparencies?

Regards

Chong

David Flockhart
30-Sep-2005, 19:16
I live in Melbourne but there aren't many places around for 8x10 black and white. JandC Photo sells and ships the stuff here. They are having a sale that ends at the end of today's US business day for free shipping and discounts on film. Many have ordered from them in the past and they are good. Vanbar Photographics is a pretty good place for the smaller stuff like 4x5 transparencies. There are probably others, but I don't live there and can't give you could advice about Sydney.
Cheers,
David

Graeme Hird
30-Sep-2005, 20:55
I can't help you with your questions about film (I get my Velvia 5x4 sent from Robert White) but I'd like to welcome you to Oz.

Skip over to Kalgoorlie if you have a free fortnight and say gday.

Cheers,

Michael Hewson
30-Sep-2005, 23:35
G'day Chong
I'm in Brisbane - and get film etc through Kayell (although they have to order my Velvia 4*5 quickloads). Otherwise I frequent L&P in Sydney - www.lapfoto.com.au.
regards

Vui Shin Chong
1-Oct-2005, 07:03
Hi,
G'day to everyone. Thank you all for your information. I am definitely looking forward to moving across to Oz. I went on Vanbar site and happy to know that they carry E6 processing kits. I will be doing a lot of the E6 processing myself. Michael, Brisbane is not too far from Coffs Harbour. Perhap, will look up for you when I am there after I am more settled.

Graeme, postage must be expensive from UK to Australia.

Regards

Chong

John C Murphy
1-Oct-2005, 07:48
Another LF photograper in Sidney:

Leigh Perry (http://www.leighperry.com)

Leonard Metcalf
6-Oct-2005, 01:27
I was in the Blue Mountains, Sydney and am now in Darwin for a stint... I usually order O.S. from the internet.

Nigel Smith
6-Oct-2005, 20:27
I understand there are a bunch of LF photographers in Australia. Looking at eBay they all use Lomo type cameras per the LF auction listings.

--Dan Smith, 2005-10-01 07:30:50

These morons annoy us just as much as you!

Leigh Perry
12-Oct-2005, 06:25
Coincidentally, I'm just back from a holiday near Coffs Harbour, and I suspect you will be doing most of your shopping online.

LF film is outrageously expensive in Australia -- about $180 for a pack of 20 Quickloads, for example. I buy mine from Badger or B&H. The savings on the first box pay for the courier costs, and the subsequent boxes are (well, relatively) cheap. It's worth buying a decent amount at once to spread the customs clearance fee, about $50, thinly.

Christopher Nisperos
15-Oct-2005, 13:36
Hi Chong,

My friend Ben Boardman imports photographic equipment in Australia. I'm sure he can help you with a couple of addresses.

info@benboardman.com.au