PDA

View Full Version : What adapter, filter holder and filters would you recommend for my small lenses.

pepeguitarra
17-Nov-2018, 19:49
I have three small lenses that do not have threads for filters, they are approximately 29mm diameter (if they had filter threads, they would be 29mm). Only one, the Ektar 203/7.7 has thread for a filter (?), it is about 39mm. What filter system can I get. I am mostly interested in using Graduated Neutral Density filters and CPL. I posted the same question somewhere in here, but I cannot find it.

Thanks, Pepe.

Jim Jones
18-Nov-2018, 08:13
Older lenses were intended to be used with slip-on filter adaptors. These should be available somewhere online. Some adaptors were for the old standard sizes of filters while a few newer ones may be for today's threaded filters.

pepeguitarra
18-Nov-2018, 08:39
Thanks. I will look for them.---Update: I found them. Thanks.

John Kasaian
18-Nov-2018, 09:58
FWIW My Kodak 203mm/f7.7 takes a Kodak Series VI slip on filter adapter.
Just so future inquisitors want to know.:)

BrianShaw
18-Nov-2018, 14:11
But what’s the diameter of the slip on flange? Outside diameter of the front lens housing.

FWIW My Kodak 203mm/f7.7 takes a Kodak Series VI slip on filter adapter.
Just so future inquisitors want to know.:)

Jac@stafford.net
18-Nov-2018, 14:25
Pepe, you might get lucky as I did to find an auction lot of 'old filters, shades and adapters'. I bought, dirt cheap, a box full to keep a couple slide-on shades and filter holders. I made and saved an auction search that sent me daily notices by email.

Good luck to you

Bob Salomon
28-Nov-2018, 14:30
If these are large format lenses you don’t need a circular polarizer, just a linear polarizer.

joselsgil
2-Dec-2018, 16:11
Pepe,
If you get a chance to attend the Bargain Camera Shows. http://bargaincamerashows.com

You can usually find older camera gear for sale at good prices.