PDA

View Full Version : Final working solution for SLIMT chemicals

Steven Ruttenberg
9-Nov-2018, 23:39
I madr the stock solutions at 100gms potassium ferricyanide to 1 liter of water and 33gms of potassium bromide to 1 liter of water per Katchel. From this I make a working stock of 100ml of ferricyanide solution and 100ml of bromide solution to 800ml of water. From this I start with 20ml to 50ml per 1 liter of water and adjust as needed to get contraction I want. Am I reading Katchel's paper correctly?

Ulophot
10-Nov-2018, 08:44
Yes. For tank or rotary development of HP5, I use a 1-minute pre-soak, without which I find it harder to control the bleach. I have found that 65ml/L for 5 min (tank) gives me about N-3, which is pushing the limits of speed-wise SLIMT technique. Rotary needs slight adjustment; I don't have figures with me. 50 ml is more like N-2. I have barely experimented with print SLIMT-ing (ferricyanide only), but intend to add it to my tool kit along with print flashing. I also use VC paper.

Steven Ruttenberg
10-Nov-2018, 13:25
Nice. I am using it for a contrast wise reduction. The speed wise using the dichromate is gonna require some additional safety precautions. I am going to be starting off with tmax100. I was thinking of starting with an avg dilution of around 37.5ml/l for 5 minutes to start. But sounds like you need more like twice that for a good contraction. So I think I will start with the 37.5 to avoid over doing it. Will be processed in an SP-445 tank.