PDA

View Full Version : Parts for Chamonix 045n

Two23
8-Nov-2018, 14:08
I have an original Chamonix 045n with walnut wood, vintage about 2007. Yesterday I was out with it and a tremendous gust of wind blew my tripod & camera over! Luckily it landed in fairly soft dirt. Unluckily, it bent and twisted the left rear hinge that holds the back to the bed. I was able to unbolt that hinge plate and using a vise and then vise + locking pliers reverse most all of the deformation. Camera is at least usuable. However, I'd like to buy a replacement part and possibly two. I checked the Chamonix website and didn't see anywhere for parts/service. Any ideas of how I can get this part?

Kent in SD

Two23
8-Nov-2018, 15:43
Argh. I attached the left plate and reassembled the back, and checked alignment I could see the right one was tweaked a bit too. I took it off, stuck it in the vise & twisted closer to straight with locking pliers. Alignment of the back is considerably better but I hope I can buy two of these hinge plates now.

Kent in SD

Bob Salomon
8-Nov-2018, 16:03
Argh. I I attache the left plate and reassembled the back, and checked alignment I could see the right one was tweaked a bit too. I took it off, stuck it in the vise & twisted closer to straight with locking pliers. Alignment of the back is considerably better but I hope I can buy two of these hinge plates now.

Kent in SD

Why not email them or Hugo?

blue4130
8-Nov-2018, 20:39
The Instagram account is very active and prompt to reply.

Two23
8-Nov-2018, 20:42
An update. I got a PM from Hugo himself! He asked that I send photos of the part & camera, and he'll get a factory replacement part. All of this happened within four hours of my post. Is that great service or what! One more reason I'm very happy with the camera.:) Having parts available is a big advantage!

Kent in SD