PDA

View Full Version : T55 .... has it been reformulated??

Ted Harris
27-Sep-2005, 13:26
As far as I know and from what Polaroid told me T55 is the same as it eveer was but I have had an interesting experience. Just shot the better part of 3 boxes all the same emulsion and all with an expiration date of 02/2006. I was shooting for the negative exposing for an ISO of 20 to 25 as I always do and the negatives came out fine ..... but so did the prints!!!! Weird! Yes the prints were generally a bi toverexposed but notby the 1 to 2 stops that I am used to,more like 1/3 to 1/2 stop. Anybody have any similar recent experiences or is this just a weird batch? As Bruce Barlow always says the stuff is mostly magic anyway.

Tom Westbrook
27-Sep-2005, 18:22
I noticed that, too. I exposed a sheet last weekend (was a 30 sec exposure @EI25) and found the same decently exposed print. It did surprise me, but didn't think much about it at the time, figuring I had just underexposed--it was a pretty dark interior scene. I'll have to try it under better light and see if I get the same thing. Mine has an expration of Jan-2006.

Sitron
29-Sep-2005, 17:57
Ditto. I haven't used it for a couple of years, and when I saw the print was exposed correctly, I figured I needed to open the lens another stop because I expected to see an overexposed print. I used ISO 25, and the box expires Jan. 06.