PDA

View Full Version : Canon Ink Supply

bob carnie
27-Oct-2018, 08:44
I have a Canon IPF 9400 and am finding it almost impossible to get a good supply of Ink on a timely basis. I do not want to stock each ink as they are $250 per set x 12 = $3000 plus tax and is not possible in my situation as a small business. I have many products and if I had a supply of each we are talking huge dollars.

B&H looks like they will sell a complete set, and when looking for single packs they are much more expensive and they are not in stock but rather say 7-10 days. Does anyone here know of a good supplier that has inventory and will ship?? I am in Canada which complicates but I am constantly purchasing from Bostick & Sullivan on demand and they are great and reliable.

Bob

Peter Mounier
30-Oct-2018, 09:22
I buy ink from Provantage.com.

Joshua Dunn
4-Nov-2018, 14:17
Freestyle Photo in Los Angeles CA. They usually have the in ink stock.

https://www.freestylephoto.biz/

-Joshua

Adamphotoman
5-Nov-2018, 18:02
I buy from Lexjet Canada which ships out of Guelph Ontario. 8300-8400 same ink. I now live in NB Maritimes.
I always bought singles which were more $.
Maybe we can find out who Lexjet buys from?

Steven Ruttenberg
5-Nov-2018, 18:04
Don't the 9400 use the same ink/cartridge as the 6400? I can get a set of 300ml tanks for around 1500 or so. Assuming they are the same tanks, why not use those? Probably though even if they fit, etc, Canon chipped them to not work in the 9400 so they can make a few extra bucks!

bob carnie
6-Nov-2018, 06:52
Don't the 9400 use the same ink/cartridge as the 6400? I can get a set of 300ml tanks for around 1500 or so. Assuming they are the same tanks, why not use those? Probably though even if they fit, etc, Canon chipped them to not work in the 9400 so they can make a few extra bucks!

Not sure what you are saying here..

bob carnie
6-Nov-2018, 06:54
I buy from Lexjet Canada which ships out of Guelph Ontario. 8300-8400 same ink. I now live in NB Maritimes.

I will check LexJet.. really just looking for a supplier who stocks singles, Canon is so hard to deal with , my next purchase of a large printer could be biased by this lack of product in my neighbourhood. Epson seems to be more popular.

Steven Ruttenberg
6-Nov-2018, 08:52
Not sure what you are saying here..
All I was saying is if they are the same use the 6400, if not then no help. But I see they are different shaped tanks. So this won't work.

bob carnie
6-Nov-2018, 10:20
I am speaking of a Canon IPF9400 series that does have a specific cartridge.

wooserco
6-Nov-2018, 17:14
Bob, we are indeed lucky here in the US. I can walk into my local camera store and pick up cartridges for my Pro10 printer. While I realize that it is substantially different that what you are needing, I do realize that we are fortunate here.

Mark Sampson
6-Nov-2018, 18:48
Odd, isn't it, that Canon's professional support seems to be so poor? One would hope that they would cater to such a good customer.

bob carnie
7-Nov-2018, 07:22
Odd, isn't it, that Canon's professional support seems to be so poor? One would hope that they would cater to such a good customer.

I am not their target market even though I own a machine, this is not uncommon in this industry. From what I understand and I may be wrong , when my retailer buys from Canon they need
to purchase minimum $1000 for the order to ship, Canon will not talk with me directly, so its always a cat and mouse, I ask for a $225 cartridge and my retailer if they do not have any other orders for Canon
have to buy $750 extra OR wait till they have enough to make the minimum... which one do you think they choose... So I am looking for a retailer that each week orders $1000 and has weekly orders so I can tag on their orders.

Its funny in Canada,, the major distributer shelves are pretty much empty and when you ask for product you have to wait ...... so its a question why have a middleman(distributer) that does not have product, and to date clients cannot buy directly from the Manufacturer. I suspect this is changing and over time we will have more direct contact to purchase.
the whole Manufacturer-distributer-retailer-end client is being challenged up here in Canada and as time goes on I suspect large operations like B&H and Freestyle will be our only chance, this requires the retailer to become the distributer and from my vantage point B&H has this market in North America.
I can get all products in two days from New York and in some cases on paper and materials I am told 6 weeks by the distributer in Canada.

I will purchase my next ink printer based on maintenance contract, and guaranteed product for said machine.

bob carnie
7-Nov-2018, 07:23

Thank you I contacte Lexjet a company out of Florida with a Canadian distribution and I think they can meet my needs