25-Oct-2018, 13:27
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1&v=5iEp5I6xZUI

How It's Made: Carbon Transfer Print on Gold Leaf :D

John Layton
25-Oct-2018, 15:16
I am...stunned and amazed...speechless.

Steven Ruttenberg
25-Oct-2018, 18:00
Holy crap! You better be sure your image is beyond perfect. :)

EdSawyer
26-Oct-2018, 06:54
The most amazing thing is the nice darkroom/workspace. The image is nice, but I think it's better on just a regular white background. The gold seems impressive just for the bling factor but other than that, not that exciting or even visually engaging, the print loses a lot of it's magic being on effectively what becomes a toned ground (e.g. no highlights).

esearing
26-Oct-2018, 07:20
Seems like process overkill - just slap some liquid light on the gold leaf. That has to be labor of love, cause you would have to sell a bunch of images to recoup costs of equipment and materials.

John Layton
27-Oct-2018, 06:18
hmmm...does seem a bit fiddly.

Jim Fitzgerald
27-Oct-2018, 07:19
Calvin is an amazing printer. I think he printed this for one of his clients. I for one like printing on white paper for my carbon work.

bob carnie
27-Oct-2018, 07:31
Calvin is an amazing printer. I think he printed this for one of his clients. I for one like printing on white paper for my carbon work.

I agree with Jim, he is taking on one of the hardest printing process, tri colour carbon with great success, his facility is awesome , but I like Jim prefer to print on paper .