PDA

View Full Version : John Sexton to be inducted to Photography Hall of Fame

Ulophot
24-Oct-2018, 19:10
Just got his brief announcement:

"I want to share some very exciting news with my friends and subscribers. This Friday evening, October 26, 2018, I will be inducted into the International Photography Hall of Fame (http://iphf.org/hall-of-fame/) in St. Louis, Missouri.

"I am thrilled, and humbled, to receive this honor. It is exciting to be included in a group of such talented photographers. This year's other inductees are Willard S. Boyle, Walter Iooss, John Loengard, and Susan Meiselas, along with Lifetime Achievement Award recipient Joel Bernstein. Anne and I are looking forward to the gala awards event, and the opportunity to meet these photographers. I am especially honored that Ansel's son, Dr. Michael Adams, will be presenting me with my award!

"There will be an exhibition featuring photographs by the honorees at the Museum. The exhibit will run from October 27, 2018 through January 10, 2019."

Well deserved!

Alan9940
24-Oct-2018, 21:02
Certainly well deserved! Congrats to John and the other inductees, too.

Mark Sawyer
25-Oct-2018, 00:25
My sincere congratulations to John!

But it leads to another question...

There's a Photography Hall of Fame?

bob carnie
25-Oct-2018, 07:22

plus one..

Richard Wasserman
25-Oct-2018, 07:52
There is a Photography Hall of Fame in St Louis and it's directly across the street from the Chess Hall of Fame. Two for one (or maybe checkmate?)!

Tin Can
25-Oct-2018, 14:12
Only 120 miles away and I have some hotel points left.

Congratulations John!

Richard Wasserman
25-Oct-2018, 15:00
Randy it's worth the trip—there is also a really good ice cream shop about 2 blocks away. Sorry, it's name escapes me at the moment. You could visit our son and daughter in law who live nearby...

Only 120 miles away and I have some hotel points left.

Congratulations John!

Tin Can
25-Oct-2018, 15:18
Randy it's worth the trip—there is also a really good ice cream shop about 2 blocks away. Sorry, it's name escapes me at the moment. You could visit our son and daughter in law who live nearby...

I have been wanting to go to that museum and there is a small motorcycle museum too.

I like ice cream also.

Maybe a day trip after the time change.

I no longer drive at night.

Thanks for the tip.

bloodhoundbob
25-Oct-2018, 17:30
I have been wanting to go to that museum and there is a small motorcycle museum too.

I like ice cream also.

Maybe a day trip after the time change.

I no longer drive at night.

Thanks for the tip.

Randy, we can drive to the Metro Link stop at Scott Air Force Base and take the train over. If ya want company, that is. Congratulations, John, indeed!

germansaram
26-Oct-2018, 03:12
Congratulations to John Sexton, very well deserved.

Tin Can
26-Oct-2018, 03:46
Randy, we can drive to the Metro Link stop at Scott Air Force Base and take the train over. If ya want company, that is. Congratulations, John, indeed!

Great idea!

Let’s go soon.