PDA

View Full Version : Where do you purchase raw photo chemicals

aaronnate
11-Oct-2018, 09:11
I am wanting to order the fixins to cook up my own supply of Pyro-Cat HD. Is there a one stop chemical shop where all of the parts can be purchased?

Alan9940
11-Oct-2018, 09:25
The primary players in this market (USA, anyway) are Photographer's Formulary and ArtCraft Chemicals.

Eric Woodbury
11-Oct-2018, 09:46
Same for me, plus a few from the pool store, a couple from Amazon or eBay. It's a game of hide and seek.

aaronnate
11-Oct-2018, 10:56
Same for me, plus a few from the pool store, a couple from Amazon or eBay. It's a game of hide and seek.

Pool store?

Eric Woodbury
11-Oct-2018, 11:44
"pH UP" is sodium carbonate.

Sodium thiosulfate is used to neutralize chlorination in pools and as 'hypo' in that tray at the end.

Both of these are chems that one might use a lot, so shipping can be expensive. We have a pool store in my town, so I can get these locally. For the thiosulfate, I order 50# bags and it's pretty cheap. I don't use much, so it lasts a long time.

Leszek Vogt
11-Oct-2018, 12:10
From previous readings, Bostick & Sullivan may have also what you need.

Les

LabRat
11-Oct-2018, 16:32
Although me and another printer share large bags of chem, just buying 100gm, 1/2 lb, 1lb, and 5lb amounts will last you a long time and save you much money... B&S, PF are very expensive compared to other sources, but sometime have one ingredient you will have much trouble elsewhere...

Try the auction site first and see what turns up...

Steve K