PDA

View Full Version : Sinar F1 bellows

Michael Ting
22-Sep-2005, 19:29
I'm shooting with a 150mm lens Schneider Symmar-S, on a Sinar F1 body. Somehow the thickness of the bellows prevent me from doing very extreme rise when I need it. When the standards are close together (focusing almost near infinity), the bellows get squeezed it limits the amount of rise. Perhaps only 50% of what the camera body still allows. What are the available solutions to this problem?

Thanks.

David A. Goldfarb
22-Sep-2005, 20:00
Bag bellows or a recessed lensboard. I'd go with the bag bellows myself.

Antonio Corcuera
23-Sep-2005, 05:37
Sounds strange, I use a Sironar 150mm on an F2 with the standard bellows and have no problems at all using the limits of the lens' image circle. What do you mean by "very extreme" rise? The image circle of your Symmar-S (210mm I believe) will only allow around 36mm of rise, which your standard bellows (and camera standards of course) should easily manage. Seems you're having a bellows problem to me. I'd remove and check it thoroughly.

Mark_3632
23-Sep-2005, 07:36
I don't have that problem with mine with the 150mm caltar.

jj_4045
23-Sep-2005, 07:41
I experienced the problem myself with the F1 and a sironar s 150mm lens. The bag bellow solves the problem.

Struan Gray
23-Sep-2005, 07:41
I get this problem on my Norma, using a modern bellows and anything more than moderate movements with my 150 mm Symmar and Sironar-N. In the field I haven't had any problems, but around the town I prefer to have a bag bellows.

Michael Ting
23-Sep-2005, 22:35
I guess the answer is unclear, as people seem to have conflicting results. As much as I inspect, there seems to be nothing wrong with the F1 body, or the standards. Only the bellows are preventing the movement.

Anyway I will try if a wide angle bellows solve this problem.