PDA

View Full Version : Need Help identifying this LF camera monorail -oooohhhhh Mystery!

Markham941
24-Sep-2018, 07:42
I have been looking to get a cheap large format monorail rig and came across this one.

The seller was a kind of estate seller so could only provide that it was a TOYO brand and nothing else.

It looks to me that the front (smaller) standards are 4x5 from a Toyo D45m and the rear might be an 8x10.

I have looked up several models even from other brands and can't seem to find this one.

Does anyone recognize this?

Can anyone identify the symbol on the nobs?

One the third photo it looks like some number identification. - 6x8D 68060024

consummate_fritterer
24-Sep-2018, 09:06
PM kumar.

B.S.Kumar
24-Sep-2018, 16:37
This is a Toyo Deluxe which initially came in battleship gray. It was the first Toyo camera. I believe it was a whole plate camera.The serial number also hints to it. 8x10 wasn't all that common earlier in Japan. The stylized S symbol on the knobs stands for Sakai Machine Tools, the maker of Toyo cameras.

Where are you located?

Kumar

Markham941
24-Sep-2018, 16:54
This is a Toyo Deluxe which initially came in battleship gray. It was the first Toyo camera. I believe it was a whole plate camera.The serial number also hints to it. 8x10 wasn't all that common earlier in Japan. The stylized S symbol on the knobs stands for Sakai Machine Tools, the maker of Toyo cameras.

Where are you located?

Kumar

WOW!!! Thank you so much.

That's so cool.

I will try to find more information about it.

I currently live in Japan (Mihara-shi, Hiroshima-ken) and was looking through Yahoo Auctions JP to acquire a monorail rig for my scanner camera project.

I really appreciate your help. I thought I was going crazy when I couldn't match up the standard design to the older Toyo models.

Would you be able to recommend a site where I can read more about it? Even if it's in Japanese, I can have a friend help translate.