PDA

View Full Version : Badger Website

Doug Dolde
20-Sep-2005, 18:28
Now don't get me wrong I think Badger Graphics is a great resource. But did you see their updated website? I can't stop laughing and the 3rd grade buttons. Maybe Jeff had his daughter color it with crayons.

Frank Petronio
20-Sep-2005, 19:06
Ha. At least he posted photos of cameras, which is head and shoulders above what most LF dealers are willing to do.

I know he can't throw $20K to a good designer to redo the site, but there are some templates he could follow that would at least not assault our eyeballs.

The first large format manufacturer/retailer that figures out that photographers appreciate quality websites and decent photos of their goods will prosper.

Marco Annaratone
20-Sep-2005, 19:28
Too bad the "used" section has kind of disappeared with the makeover. You can find it under "shopping cart", which is counter intuitive. And until two days ago there was a bunch of LF things for sale (mostly lenses) and now it's empty. I like the photos and the product presentations though. I think that after eliminating some bugs like the misplaced used section or some questionable look and feel choices (e.g., the buttons) it will be an OK site.

Oren Grad
20-Sep-2005, 19:38
I was wondering where the used stuff went, guess I just didn't look hard enough.

As with the MPEX site makeover, adding the e-commerce features gives us a design that requires many more clicks to get to a specific piece of information, or just to browse around. Oh, well...

MIke Sherck
20-Sep-2005, 20:53
The bed design of the Shen-Hao 8x10 looks a little unusual to me, although I'm not really very familiar with newer premium 8x10 cameras. Did they invent something new, or who did they model it from?

Oren Grad
20-Sep-2005, 21:04
Mike -

It's a ripoff of Dick Phillips' original design, as seen for example in his 8x10 Compact II.

David A. Goldfarb
20-Sep-2005, 21:54
I like the hypnotic footer image--

http://www.badgergraphic.com/banner.gif

Tom Westbrook
21-Sep-2005, 04:36
I'd guess he's probably not finished with the makeover, yet. Last time it took a few days for things to settle (there was a very odd color scheme for a day or so last time).

John Flavell
21-Sep-2005, 07:56
I must be on the same mental plane as his daughter and her crayons: I can follow along easily. She should do more sites.

Larry Mendenhall
21-Sep-2005, 12:54
Jeff must have been reading and listening. The buttons have been changed.

Doug Dolde
21-Sep-2005, 17:03
Maybe...but I sent him an email telling him it looked like a cheap bordello ...guess he took the suggestion well.

Janko Belaj
21-Sep-2005, 18:37
(anyone have previous buttons in browsers cache? ;-))
btw, one think to improve (sorry, but typography os one of my hobbies) are letters in buttons. have to be few points smaller, "Graphic Supplies" as first to be redone! And to put some header navigation. at least link on "Products". Otherwise - gentle looking site.

evan clarke
22-Sep-2005, 06:51
"I must be on the same mental plane as his daughter and her crayons: I can follow along easily. She should do more sites."

I agree, simple links, no Flash or pro web designer junk. I don't care what the buttons look like, my only emotional attachment to a website is to click that button and see the products. If I want to be entertained, it will not be on the web, but afield with my camera...EC

Brian Ellis
22-Sep-2005, 08:47
As among photography equipment sites nobody but nobody has (or had) a worse web site than Quality Camera. For literally years they included a URL in their ads but when you went there all you got was a "site under construction" message. Then they finally got a site up but it didn't work, no matter what you clicked on you got a message "none available" or something like that. Then on the rare occasions when it did work it was difficult or impossible to browse, you had to know the brand of whatever it was you were interested in or you were out of luck. I don't know if it's still like this, I gave up on it quite a while ago and just started inquiring by email but it was a laugher for a long time.

darr
22-Sep-2005, 09:06
Fom Quality Camera's website:

"Website is under revision, please call for inventory status. Thank you."

Oren Grad
22-Sep-2005, 09:26
I spoke with Jeff Wheeler about the Quality Camera website at the VC conference in Springfield. He's well aware that it's a problem, but wasn't sure how long it would be before he'd be able to fix it.

Tom Diekwisch
22-Sep-2005, 15:28
It's way cool now. Must be one of the best web site out there, with all the photographs of equipment and lenses. Very nicely organized.