PDA

View Full Version : Does the gitzo GH2720QR head would be suitable for 4x5 camera

Wanderer
19-Sep-2018, 05:40
Hello everybody,

I have an opportunity to get a brand new gitzo GH2720QR head (see here (https://www.manfrotto.fr/gitzo-rotule-2d-serie-2-magnesium)) for dead cheap from a friend. But before spending any money, I would like to know if this kind of head would be suitable for me.
It is going to be mounted on a Novoflex tripod and the camera I am using: a Horseman FA 45.
I will be doing landscape photography.

Thank you very much in advance for your time and your answers
Regards

Wanderer

gphoto
2-Nov-2018, 18:44
I've never used that head, I'm sure it would hold your camera but if it were me I'd go for something a bit beefier. You don't really need a fluid head for 4x5 landscape work.
Just my two cents.

bieber
5-Nov-2018, 07:47
Fluid heads are meant for video, you're not really going to want to use that one unless you primarily use a video camera and you just really don't want to buy a separate head. Geared heads are nice for LF cameras, IMO

Adamphotoman
5-Nov-2018, 19:45
For 4x5 it would be good to be able to adjust each individual axis independently. I also vote for geared heads.

Wanderer
9-Nov-2018, 13:54
Hello Everybody,

Thank you all for your answers. After a lot of head scratching (and asking around) I came up with the same conclusion than you.
So I went for this one: Manfrotto MHXPRO-3W which I am, so far, very happy with.
Have a nice day