PDA

View Full Version : Has Anyone Come UP With A Better Plate Holder For Vageeswari 10x12?

Jwheeler331
17-Sep-2018, 08:32
Has anyone out there come up with a better plate holder for the Vageeswari 10x12 cameras? I have a decent original holder but it has parts that worry me for when I start using the camera more regularly. I was just curious if anyone out there has a solution for a better holder or if there is someone out there that makes new more sturdy ones?

andrewch59
17-Sep-2018, 15:18
I have a vageeswari 10x12, plus one of their thin/flimsy film holders, nearly impossible to light proof. Luckily I had some Marion holders which fit the vageeswari. What I ended up doing was to make a sock with a drawstring that fit around the entire rear standard, It was actually shaped a bit like a sock. I could load the film holder and pull out the slide while still in the sock.
The other way was to force liquid wood into all of the little gaps which leaked. I used the same light proof material for the sock on replacement material for the slides, the slats that bend, allowing the slide to bend over the holder.
It was well worth the effort, really good little lightweight camera, albeit not a lot of movements. I will be selling mine soon.

Jwheeler331
17-Sep-2018, 17:19
I have a vageeswari 10x12, plus one of their thin/flimsy film holders, nearly impossible to light proof. Luckily I had some Marion holders which fit the vageeswari. What I ended up doing was to make a sock with a drawstring that fit around the entire rear standard, It was actually shaped a bit like a sock. I could load the film holder and pull out the slide while still in the sock.
The other way was to force liquid wood into all of the little gaps which leaked. I used the same light proof material for the sock on replacement material for the slides, the slats that bend, allowing the slide to bend over the holder.
It was well worth the effort, really good little lightweight camera, albeit not a lot of movements. I will be selling mine soon.

I think I following what you mean. I like the camera a lot. I made a good tripod disk for the bottom so I can use a regular tripod. Also made a new ground glass so it’s ready to use now. Not too crazy about the holder though. I think mine is light tight for now but not sure for how long.