PDA

View Full Version : My Book on Confederate Monuments Has Been Published

Robert Kalman
11-Sep-2018, 17:11
In the fall of 2017 I set out to document Confederate monuments throughout the South in the wake of the deadly event in Charlottesville, Virginia. I wanted to understand the reason for the existence of more than 700 statues memorializing and glorifying the Confederacy, to understand the drive to remove them from public spaces, and to discern what motivates the passionate insistence on leaving them as they are.

Now, after nearly a year of traveling and engaging in extensive research, I have published Parade Unrest, a book containing 53 LF tintype images with a text that illuminates the current controversy.

More information, including how to order, is contained in this brief YouTube video: https://youtu.be/Z9vM-8HwTmg

Thanks for your interest.

Tin Can
11-Sep-2018, 17:32
Very affordable!

Robert Kalman
11-Sep-2018, 17:53
Very affordable!
Thanks for ordering a copy, Randy. It will be in tomorrow's mail, and I'll send you a tracking number.

drewf64
11-Sep-2018, 18:03
Hello Robert:
This is an exceptionally important topic.
I just ordered your book.
More to come ...
Thank you for your work.
Drew

Robert Kalman
12-Sep-2018, 03:47
Hello Robert:
This is an exceptionally important topic.
I just ordered your book.
More to come ...
Thank you for your work.
Drew

Really appreciate your interest, Drew. It'll be on its way later today.

Luis-F-S
12-Sep-2018, 06:27
Hopefully you have a shot of Lee Circle in New Orleans. Looking forwards to getting it.

johnmsanderson
12-Sep-2018, 16:49
Bravo, Robert.

Tin Can
8-Apr-2023, 06:25
I bought this book in 2018

In the fall of 2017 I set out to document Confederate monuments throughout the South in the wake of the deadly event in Charlottesville, Virginia. I wanted to understand the reason for the existence of more than 700 statues memorializing and glorifying the Confederacy, to understand the drive to remove them from public spaces, and to discern what motivates the passionate insistence on leaving them as they are.

Now, after nearly a year of traveling and engaging in extensive research, I have published Parade Unrest, a book containing 53 LF tintype images with a text that illuminates the current controversy.

More information, including how to order, is contained in this brief YouTube video: https://youtu.be/Z9vM-8HwTmg

Robert Kalman
10-Apr-2023, 08:15
I bought this book in 2018

Thanks for reviving interest in my work. Thanks to your post, I made several sales. :-)

Tin Can
10-Apr-2023, 08:26
You are welcome

Thanks for reviving interest in my work. Thanks to your post, I made several sales. :-)

Alan Klein
10-Apr-2023, 18:33
I'm curious Robert how in the five years since publishing your book, what kind of responses to it did you get? Have people's views on the subject changed? Have you drawn your own opinions and have they changed over time as well?

j.e.simmons
11-Apr-2023, 03:20
Is it still available? The ordering info doesn’t show up on my iPad.

Robert Kalman
11-Apr-2023, 11:38
Is it still available? The ordering info doesn’t show up on my iPad.

Hi, J.E.,
Yes, it's still available. Try this link
https://www.robertkalmanweb.com/gallery.html?gallery=Parade%20Unrest%3a%20The%20Confederate%20Monument%20Controversy&sortNumber=1

You'll find the "Purchase" button under the photo of the book.

Robert Kalman
11-Apr-2023, 11:47
I'm curious Robert how in the five years since publishing your book, what kind of responses to it did you get? Have people's views on the subject changed? Have you drawn your own opinions and have they changed over time as well?

Thanks for your questions, Alan.

The controversy over the monuments has faded into the background of America's attention. Not much news being reported from anywhere. There are, however, many other newer controversies having to do with equality, race, justice that have taken center stage. My own opinions about the monuments have pretty much stayed the same.

Inasmuch as Tincan very kindly commented on the original post from nearly 5 years ago there has been a new found interest about the book from members of this forum.

resummerfield
11-Apr-2023, 12:01
I'm glad I saw this post... I just bought a copy.

Robert Kalman
11-Apr-2023, 12:28
I'm glad I saw this post... I just bought a copy.

Many thanks, Robert! I just sent my assistant to mail it out to you. Will send you the tracking # via email.