PDA

View Full Version : Anyone used Foma 320 for portraits?

Gordon Lucas
10-Sep-2018, 14:46
I have a large stock of Foma 320 in 4x5 ie 3 unopened boxes of 50. Haven't really swooned over this emulsion like I have HP5 or Foma 400, my "go to" films in LF.

But I don't want to waste it . . . I've used it successfully for some still lifes, but not tried it for portraits. Any suggestions for developing this film? My go to developer is Pyrocat, but they don't seem to like each other very much. Not bad in Rodinal, my backup, but not great either. Suggestions welcome. Nothing esoteric . . . . I mix drinks, not chemicals!! :)

Greg
10-Sep-2018, 15:15
Years ago picked up a lot of "off brand" and scientific sheet film at our state's surplus store. Found that I had the best luck with using Kodak HC-110, dilution B, tray development, 68 degrees for 8 minutes as a starting point. One of the boxes was opened and resealed with tape. It was marked with something like "67 sheets of film". Film processed from that one box consistently came out black... best guess was that someone opened up that box of film and counted the sheets under room light!

Daniel Unkefer
11-Sep-2018, 14:23
Retro 320 Soft? Why not try their Retro 320 developer.

I like it in straight Microdol-X.

DrTang
12-Mar-2019, 09:48
just developed some in straight D-76, rated it at 200

seems okay... and way better than in rodinal which it did not like at all

oh.. and no pre-soak

https://www.flickr.com/gp/11191083@N00/103037