PDA

View Full Version : Schnder 770XXL

Mike Walker
8-Sep-2018, 04:22
Hi All
The mythical Schneider f16/770XXL Fine Art Lens will be back on the menu very soon, Schneider are making a small amount of them exclusively for Walker Cameras.
They will be in a retro Copal 3S shutter.
Not the all black Copal 3 shutter seen in photo.
Please don’t miss out if you have always wanted one of these, as they will never be made again.
If interested please email me,
mike@walkercameras.com

Hugo Zhang
8-Sep-2018, 04:46
What about 550XXL? Any chance?

Luis-F-S
8-Sep-2018, 08:21
Price? Any idea?

Sal Santamaura
8-Sep-2018, 09:36
...They will be in a retro Copal 3S shutter.
Not the all black Copal 3 shutter seen in photo...What photo? There's none in this thread nor any mention of the new production arrangement on your Web site.

Andrew Plume
8-Sep-2018, 09:41
Sal

Give him a break - he's much respected y'know, I'm sure that this will follow

Andrew

Vaughn
8-Sep-2018, 09:55
Thankfully there is no photo! I already lost one key board shorted out by drool. let's see...I have boys -- one is a senior and the other is a junior at equally expensive colleges...which one should I de-fund for a year to buy such a lens? Hmmmmm...

Mike did ask for interested people to contact him by email. Lots of images of the lenses on-line.

choiliefan
8-Sep-2018, 10:43
The 550:
https://www.schneideroptics.com/ecommerce/CatalogSubCategoryDisplay.aspx?CID=166

Jac@stafford.net
8-Sep-2018, 10:53
The 550:
https://www.schneideroptics.com/ecommerce/CatalogSubCategoryDisplay.aspx?CID=166

It is still about $4,000 less than a Leica Noctilux!

Sal Santamaura
8-Sep-2018, 11:16
...Give him a break - he's much respected y'know, I'm sure that this will follow..Huh? Mike needs a break from questions after starting the thread here? Simple inquiries in the venue where he made his announcement seem entirely appropriate.

Greg
8-Sep-2018, 11:21
Does anyone have any personal experience with using one of Schneider's Fine Art XXL lenses? Had seriously considered one that was offered to me. Even though the cost was at what I'd consider to be a bargain, I instead was able to purchase a Protar and a Dagor (both shutter mounted) which had the coverage I was looking for.

Sal Santamaura
8-Sep-2018, 11:24
Huh? Mike needs a break from questions after starting the thread here? Simple inquiries in the venue where he made his announcement seem entirely appropriate.Mike also announced this at PHOTRIO. There he did attach a photo. Here's a link to that post:

https://www.photrio.com/forum/threads/schneider-770xxl.162315/

sanking
9-Sep-2018, 12:11
Does anyone have any personal experience with using one of Schneider's Fine Art XXL lenses? Had seriously considered one that was offered to me. Even though the cost was at what I'd consider to be a bargain, I instead was able to purchase a Protar and a Dagor (both shutter mounted) which had the coverage I was looking for.

I used a 550 XXL for a few years. I found it to be a superb lens for ULF in 12X20 to 20X24, with a huge image circle of 900 mm, almost free of distortion, and very high resolution from the center all the way to the edges.

If you have a chance to acquire one at a reasonable price and need this kind of coverage do so. It is a unique lens and relatively few of them were made so resale value should always be good.

Sandy

Hugo Zhang
9-Sep-2018, 12:35
That link does not work if you click adding to the shopping cart. Used 550mm XXL went to north of 13k on eBay.

The 550:

Mike Walker
10-Sep-2018, 03:07
What about 550XXL? Any chance?

Sorry I don't have a 550 for sale at this time, best thing for you to do is email me and I will put you on my list.

Mike Walker
10-Sep-2018, 04:58
What photo? There's none in this thread nor any mention of the new production arrangement on your Web site.

Drew Wiley
12-Sep-2018, 14:28
Well, when I was on Kauai last time, the local jail was complaining about the cost of having to buy one of their convict bus drivers a XXXXXXX uniform - 7X. Must have belonged to the Hypergon Employee's Union.