PDA

View Full Version : Request for Spare 4x5 Film Boxes

aopisa
28-Aug-2018, 11:44
Hello-

After a long hiatus into digital photography I am getting back into film and specifically large format. I recently repaired the sticking shutter on my Crown Graphic (circa 1962) and I am ready to dive back in.

I am in need of some 4x5 film boxes in order to send exposed film in for processing until I can build up a reserve of a few boxes of my own. I want to send in a few test shots to make sure the camera is working properly before I begin shooting more heavily.

I plan on also getting back into processing my own film, at least B&W to start, but I'm a little ways off from that at the moment.

I live in Vermont, USA.

Thank you.

Nodda Duma
28-Aug-2018, 16:07
I have some newly made boxes and I’m fairly close. How many would you like?

aopisa
28-Aug-2018, 17:40
I have some newly made boxes and I’m fairly close. How many would you like?

I just need a couple to get me going until I shoot off a few boxes myself. Thanks.

bgh
28-Aug-2018, 19:14
I also have a big rubber tub filled with dozens of the things, leftovers from when I was working at the Portsmouth Naval Shipyard a few years ago. Let me know if you find that you need more, I'll be happy to ship some out. Where in Vermont are you? My mother's family is from the Springfield area.

Bruce

Steven Ruttenberg
28-Aug-2018, 20:41
This is what I use to ship and store exposed film when I am in the field.

https://www.freestylephoto.biz/4124-Black-Bag-for-Mailer-5x7

https://www.freestylephoto.biz/4120-Plain-White-Mailer-5x7

aopisa
28-Aug-2018, 21:08
Thank you. I have seen those too. It's a nice alternative to the boxes.

aopisa
28-Aug-2018, 21:11
I also have a big rubber tub filled with dozens of the things, leftovers from when I was working at the Portsmouth Naval Shipyard a few years ago. Let me know if you find that you need more, I'll be happy to ship some out. Where in Vermont are you? My mother's family is from the Springfield area.

Bruce

I am in Manchester, but my work takes me through Springfield often.