PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have a Bausch & Lomb Tessar IIb #11 for 16x20?

f311
24-Aug-2018, 18:26
I just picked up a clean set of front & rear cells for a Bausch & Lomb Tessar IIb #11 for my still in progress 16x20 build
and I need to fabricate a barrel. Spacing by trial and error is probably my only option but I would sure prefer some measurements so I figured I would try throwing it out to the community first.
Any B&L 16x20 IIb Tessars out there?

Steven Tribe
25-Aug-2018, 03:46
Focal length is 23.25" (cameraeccentric). You might extend your enquiry to other IIB tessars made in Europe with the (original) metric equivalent focal length.

f311
25-Aug-2018, 07:00
Thanks. Camera eccentric has been my go to resource while collecting lenses for this camera.
The 3 measurements I'm hoping to find are:

1) overall length of a barrel mounted #11 Tessar (B&L or Zeiss)
2) the total length of the barrel without the cells installed
and
3) the depth of the diaphragm measured from either the front or rear facing barrel edge.

Randy
26-Aug-2018, 07:37
I don't suppose there is a way of arriving at the measurements you are seeking by finding the measurement progression of B&L IIb Tessars, from say, 5X7, 8X10, 11X14, ...? I have an 11X14 and could supply measurements if needed. I would think there should be some members who have an 8X10 and 5X7. But this may not be a reasonable or accurate method of getting the measurements for the 16X20 IIb that you need.

f311
29-Aug-2018, 18:23
I don't suppose there is a way of arriving at the measurements you are seeking by finding the measurement progression of B&L IIb Tessars, from say, 5X7, 8X10, 11X14, ...? I have an 11X14 and could supply measurements if needed. I would think there should be some members who have an 8X10 and 5X7. But this may not be a reasonable or accurate method of getting the measurements for the 16X20 IIb that you need.

Thanks Randy. That's a good idea that I suspect would get me quite close. With your measurements in hand and that of even just one other shorter IIb, I bet I would find a common ratio between focal length and key barrel measurements. When you have chance please do either post here or send me a message.