PDA

View Full Version : Just developed 16 color neg...

Steven Ruttenberg
12-Aug-2018, 03:37
...for the first time. I about freaked when I saw the purple side initially. Then it turned and all was good. So far other than minor hiccups ( water spot everything went great. Not to mention my Grand Canyon pics seemed to have turned out very good. Will know after I scan in or do contact printing.

koraks
12-Aug-2018, 11:34
You mean the purple tint when the negatives are still wet? Because that's a bit unsettling indeed. You really can only judge how they came out once they're dry.

Steven Ruttenberg
12-Aug-2018, 17:04
You mean the purple tint when the negatives are still wet? Because that's a bit unsettling indeed. You really can only judge how they came out once they're dry.

Yep the purple

Liquid Artist
12-Aug-2018, 20:13
I have only developed color slide film, however I am thinking of stepping into the world of color negatives and printing after my darkroom is completed.

I have got to ask, did you use a daylight tank or tray development Steven?
I used a daylight tank and thought it was a pain. Just too many processes.
I think that next time I will try just lining several trays up and go in order.

Steven Ruttenberg
22-Aug-2018, 00:34
I used a daylight tank. Stearman. Itvwasnttoo bad. I have now done color negatives as well. I was thinking of trays as well.

bomzi
22-Aug-2018, 03:07
How did you control the temperature?

I tried C-41 using the taco method and a Paterson tank some time back. I was not able to keep the temperature consistent and ended up with some strange color shifts.

Liquid Artist
22-Aug-2018, 13:13
I have a temperature controlled water bath system I kept the chemistry bottles in.
It was really too small for my use but worked.
I plan on doing something larger but similar soon and am hoping on using an aquarium heater as the. Temperature control.

Steven Ruttenberg
27-Aug-2018, 19:39
I used one of those food water heaters and thermometer and my kitchen

https://www.amazon.com/Anova-Culinary-Precision-Bluetooth-Included/dp/B01HHWSV1S/ref=asc_df_B01HHWSV1S/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=167141308073&hvpos=1o2&hvnetw=g&hvrand=2068994919510284115&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9041511&hvtargid=pla-313332394486&psc=1

Sanford
28-Aug-2018, 14:13
Do what Steven said, get a sous vide circulator for $90 and you are good to go, with temperature accuracy to .1 degree. It's a no brainer

Steven Ruttenberg
28-Aug-2018, 20:26
Do what Steven said, get a sous vide circulator for $90 and you are good to go, with temperature accuracy to .1 degree. It's a no brainer

I use the water jugs to rinse the film. Remember to filter the water for the water bath and use distilled water as well. Seems to work good so far, slides came out good, extar and portra appear good, but need to scan in, but has to wait as I am going to the Grand Canyon North Rim at Toroweep/Tuweep for lots of photography. Digital and film.