PDA

View Full Version : Anything wrong with Readyload single sheets?

Jac@stafford.net
11-Aug-2018, 16:32
Anything wrong with Readyload single sheets?

I have an opportunity to buy a lot of 100Tmax Single-Sheet 4x5 film. I do have the proper holder. Is there anything exceptional I should know?

Thank you

Drew Wiley
11-Aug-2018, 17:07
They are a lot more reliable than the previous double-sided sleeves. Which holder do you intend to use? I've had the best luck with a modified 545 holder instead of the official Kodak one. But the Kodak is lighter. You're basically going to have to sacrifice a sleeve to see how efficiently a given holder works. Outside the camera, insert a holder and pull the sheath with the film facing some kind of linear light source, like a bank of fluorescent tubes. The degree of waviness in the horizontal lines will tell you how consistently flat the film rests. Often the insertion side could be way off due to bending the film. A good reason to stop down well whenever using these.

Bruce Watson
12-Aug-2018, 04:31
Anything wrong with Readyload single sheets?

I have an opportunity to buy a lot of 100Tmax Single-Sheet 4x5 film. I do have the proper holder. Is there anything exceptional I should know?

Nothing wrong. Light weight, easy to use, practically dust free. I loved the bloody things.

prado333
12-Aug-2018, 10:13
yes, something extremely wrong. No longer available .
A big loss in photographic film .