PDA

View Full Version : Lens board for 8x10 Korona View for front tilt

Kleiny41
31-Jul-2018, 11:39
I just bought my first 8x10 camera- a Korona View with no front tilt. I saw mentioned somewhere I could get tilt by using a lens board with front tilt. Are these something that already exists or something I would need to make myself?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Louis Pacilla
31-Jul-2018, 19:30
I just bought my first 8x10 camera- a Korona View with no front tilt. I saw mentioned somewhere I could get tilt by using a lens board with front tilt. Are these something that already exists or something I would need to make myself?

You'll probably have to have one made or make it yourself. There was at least one company (Eastman Kodak) that made it back in the 1920'-30 in low numbers as they where made to go with for one of the versions of Eastman Commercial View so your chances of finding one are pretty slim as they are most times separated from their Commercial View camera and long gone.

Here's a link which the Eastman Commercial View can be found in and it includes pictures/cuts of the titling front board your wanting.
http://www.piercevaubel.com/cam/catalogs/1927ekcproflp561.htm

Mark Sampson
31-Jul-2018, 20:23
When your camera was new, to get front tilt, you tilted the whole camera forward and then moved the back standard to vertical. Seems cumbersome but it worked. I'd try it before trying to source a Kodak-style bellows lens board for your camera.
It's worth noting that the magnesium Commercial View was a metal adaptation of the wooden 2-D, which had been in production for decades, without from tilt. The bellows lens board was a 'kluge' to make an old design more modern.
It's also worth noting that Alfred Steiglitz did use a no-front-tilt 8x10 2-D for a great deal of his later work.

Kleiny41
4-Aug-2018, 04:45
Thank you both!!