PDA

View Full Version : Helping the Forum

Ulophot
19-Jul-2018, 20:12
There is a way to give something back to the Forum that some members, particularly newer ones, may not have come across. For others, this may be a collegial reminder. At the bottom of the Home page are links to B&H Photo and Amazon. By using those links for our shopping needs, a small amount is returned to the Forum to help with costs.
It occurred to me to mention this, since I had just placed an order with B&H a few days ago when I remembered that I could have done so using the link here. It's just one more way, besides our verbal and photographic contributions, that we can all help keep this wonderful resource lively.

MikeH
19-Jul-2018, 20:36
Thank you for mentioning this. I rarely visit the home page. Next time I order from B&H, I'll do so through the link.

Willie
19-Jul-2018, 20:47
Does it have to be a Photo Product related purchase? If not, can we click through and purchase something else and LF page gets the quarters for it?

j.e.simmons
20-Jul-2018, 03:41
Does it have to be a Photo Product related purchase? If not, can we click through and purchase something else and LF page gets the quarters for it?

It works that way with Amazon. Anything you buy counts.

Ralph Barker
20-Jul-2018, 03:48

We have affiliate arrangements with both B&H and Amazon. Any purchase made on either site via their respective link is eligible.

There is a link to the affiliate page near the top of the forum display, just below the FAQ button.

Doremus Scudder
20-Jul-2018, 09:04
Too bad the forum doesn't have such an arrangement with Freestyle. I order from them much more than B&H since I live on the west coast.

Best,

Doremus

Thalmees
20-Jul-2018, 12:43
Great.
Thanks Philip for the reminder.
The bottom 2 lines: http://www.largeformatphotography.info/

Jac@stafford.net
20-Jul-2018, 13:19
I have not done commercial Web design for eight years but it remains a good idea to put affiliate links in every global presentation. I do not believe most of our constituency visit the home page, then scroll way down to find the links. I leave it to the site designers to make the link persistent, ever-present, subtle, global.

Ralph Barker
21-Jul-2018, 06:56
I have not done commercial Web design for eight years but it remains a good idea to put affiliate links in every global presentation. I do not believe most of our constituency visit the home page, then scroll way down to find the links. I leave it to the site designers to make the link persistent, ever-present, subtle, global.

A link to the affiliates page has been in the navigation bars, just below the FAQ button, for several years.

Ralph Barker
21-Jul-2018, 06:58
Too bad the forum doesn't have such an arrangement with Freestyle. I order from them much more than B&H since I live on the west coast.

Best,

Doremus

We contacted Freestyle several years ago. Unfortunately, they don't have a similar program.

Ulophot
21-Jul-2018, 07:04
Ah! And I hadn't noticed that we can copy those bookmarks in our browsers and use them automatically each time that way. I'm a convert.