PDA

View Full Version : Large Format Photography in the Peruvian Andes

Miguel Coquis
19-Jul-2018, 00:37
Hello fellows !
Coming back from a very interesting photographic experience in the Peruvian Andes, Cusco city.
I went there for running a large format, creative camera workshop. Found a group of native people with great interest in getting involved in the black and white process.
We have had the time to explore, first through pin-hole DYS LF cameras and later with 4x5" and 8x10" Intrepid cameras.
People have had for the first time the opportunity to "touch" large format negative film and experiment real developing darkroom techniques.
Some basics notions on Zone System where introduced putting the accent on "seeing photographically".
Most of the participants of this first workshop are now ready for a next try !
Nevertheless, one has to be aware and ready to be able to "improvise" in some circumstances.
One will find out that many things have to be "adapted" to the geographical conditions and cultural habits.
If any of you reading this add feel like getting interested in a next workshop, drop me a note.
We can talk.
I will certainly be preparing next, another LF "rendez vous" in the Urubamba Sacred Valley, Perú.
PS:these is a "non profit" initiative..., but if you feel like having something to help and participate..., you are welcome !
MAC

Jim Fitzgerald
19-Jul-2018, 02:09
Miguel, congratulations. Nice job. Giving back, teaching and inspiring others is always a wonderful thing to do.

peter schrager
19-Jul-2018, 04:35
You do more for cultural exchange with events like this
Bravo!

Delfi_r
19-Jul-2018, 08:03
Congratulations Miguel! Nice job and it's good you have another in the bag!

bob carnie
19-Jul-2018, 08:14
Looks like a lot of fun, Miquel it has always been on my bucket list to visit South America.

Mark Sampson
19-Jul-2018, 16:02
What a wonderful thing to have done. I'm sure your students had a great time and learned a lot. And, of course, "to teach is to learn twice".
The pinhole photograph is just spectacular, as well.
Congratulations!