PDA

View Full Version : Fujinon W 250mm/6.7 and Fujinon WS 250mm/6.7

Vui Shin Chong
6-Sep-2005, 12:38
Hi all,
Any differences between the two? Do they both have equal coverage and optical resolution? I have both lenses and would like just to keep one. I like the W-series (my first lens) very much. But just recently also acquired the WS series. The WS cannot be mounted onto copal/compur 1. It is mounted in seiko shutter which is slightly bigger than copal/compur 1. Apart from these physical differences that I have noted, would like to find out whether they differ in their coverage.

Regards

Chong

Amund BLix Aaeng
6-Sep-2005, 13:02
From what I know, those are the same lens, no difference in any way. Keep the one with the best glass and shutter.

steve simmons
6-Sep-2005, 14:08
I think, and I am not positive, that the WS has an image circle of about 400mm which is more than the W. The WS is older and only single coated whereas the W may be multi-coated depending on when it was made.

View Camera did an article on these lenses a couple of years ago.

steve simmons

Amund BLix Aaeng
6-Sep-2005, 14:42
All Fujinon 250mm f/6.7 lenses has a 398mm image circle, you may be thinking of the f/6.3 Steve.(320mm)
Also, it seems the f/6.7 only was made single-coated.

Donald Brewster
6-Sep-2005, 15:34
As always, the sage on matters Fujinon is Kerry Thalmann, but I think the two lenses are the same. Take a look at http://www.thalmann.com/largeformat/fujinon.htm

Scott Rosenberg
7-Sep-2005, 00:19
If memory serves, and it doesn't always, I believe the lenses are identical, the only difference being that the WS came in a Seiko shutter.