PDA

View Full Version : Linhof bi system extension rails

iakustov
18-Jun-2018, 04:17
This is my first post.
I know this was most likely asked before, but I could not find an answer in all the threads I found here or on other forums related to Linhof Bi system kardan.
So, here goes my question -
I have Linhof Kardan Bi-System camera, the 5x7 version (5x7 back/bellows, 64 cm rail)
I also have an extension rail (34 cm I believe), but it looks like my set up lacks the "tightening mechanism" to put both rails together, can you suggest this missing part?

Tin Can
18-Jun-2018, 07:08
I don't know the Bi system but I have older Linhof Kardan 8X10 with a 3 piece tube rail which has a captive threaded rod with knobs to tighten it all up.

I would take your parts to a hardware store that sells threaded rod and figure out a hack.

Parts are very rare for all old Linhof.

Bob Salomon
18-Jun-2018, 08:18
This is my first post.
I know this was most likely asked before, but I could not find an answer in all the threads I found here or on other forums related to Linhof Bi system kardan.
So, here goes my question -
I have Linhof Kardan Bi-System camera, the 5x7 version (5x7 back/bellows, 64 cm rail)
I also have an extension rail (34 cm I believe), but it looks like my set up lacks the "tightening mechanism" to put both rails together, can you suggest this missing part?

Try Quality Camera in Atlanta and Nippon in NYC and Precision in Skokie, IL.

iakustov
18-Aug-2018, 08:40
Thank you for your suggestions.
I was able to tighten the extension rail using a 12mm threaded pin and welding a screw-nut on top as on the pictures. Now I can use bellows up to a meter.