PDA

View Full Version : 7x17's of signage

Thom Bennett
8-Jun-2018, 15:05
Finally printing some work from last year I did with the 7x17 of signage around town.

Thom Bennett
8-Jun-2018, 15:06
A couple of more...

Jim Galli
8-Jun-2018, 16:46
I love the "Air Conditioned" one. Excellent.

Old_Dick
8-Jun-2018, 17:35
Thom, more please. Wonderful work.

scheinfluger_77
9-Jun-2018, 11:01
A wonderful series

Taija71A
9-Jun-2018, 11:18
This is... "Really Good Stuff!"

'Dixie' and 'Regal' are my current faves...

Mark Sampson
9-Jun-2018, 11:19
Nice work. Now I want to go to Felix's Oyster Bar.

Taija71A
9-Jun-2018, 11:24
... Now I want to go to Felix's Oyster Bar.

Mark... What about those 13¢ Beers?
LOLOLOL. :p

-Tim.
_________

Thom Bennett
12-Jun-2018, 10:21
Thanks for the remarks. Here's a few more...

jaapdijks
12-Jun-2018, 12:26
Double e, brilliant

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPad met Tapatalk

fj55mike
18-Jun-2018, 10:45
These are really nice. I like the tight cropping.

tgtaylor
18-Jun-2018, 12:23
Great job Thom! Brings back fond memories of the New Orleans of my youth. A good friend of mine father owned a small office building on the corner of S. Tonti and Tulane - right next to the brewery and when I came of age I was a Friday night regular at Nick's https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nick%27s_Original_Big_Train_Bar directly across from the brewery on Tulane. When I was about 9 or 10 a friend of mine was into collecting pigeons and got me to climb into Nick's 2d floor attic which was open to the elements and where pigeons nested at night. We would slowly approach them and softly tuck them under our T-shirt until full. Apparently they heard us downstairs and when we reappeared to climb down there were 50 or 60 patrons in evening dress (tuxedos and evening dresses - looked like a carnival ball) and the police waiting for us. "Jesus, it's pigeons!" exclaimed a cop when I got down and everybody backed away as if it were water moccasins or king cobra's under our shirts. Years later I told Nick that I was one of the 2 kids with the pigeons and he laughed. For a birthday he made me one of his famous pousse cafe's and when he finished layering it he turned the lights out and lit it.

Thanks for the memories.

Thomas

Thom Bennett
18-Jun-2018, 13:31
Ah Nick's! One-of-a-kind place. We used it as a backdrop for a photo of Nick Spitzer for a local magazine before Katrina. 179489

Great job Thom! Brings back fond memories of the New Orleans of my youth. A good friend of mine father owned a small office building on the corner of S. Tonti and Tulane - right next to the brewery and when I came of age I was a Friday night regular at Nick's https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nick%27s_Original_Big_Train_Bar directly across from the brewery on Tulane. When I was about 9 or 10 a friend of mine was into collecting pigeons and got me to climb into Nick's 2d floor attic which was open to the elements and where pigeons nested at night. We would slowly approach them and softly tuck them under our T-shirt until full. Apparently they heard us downstairs and when we reappeared to climb down there were 50 or 60 patrons in evening dress (tuxedos and evening dresses - looked like a carnival ball) and the police waiting for us. "Jesus, it's pigeons!" exclaimed a cop when I got down and everybody backed away as if it were water moccasins or king cobra's under our shirts. Years later I told Nick that I was one of the 2 kids with the pigeons and he laughed. For a birthday he made me one of his famous pousse cafe's and when he finished layering it he turned the lights out and lit it.

Thanks for the memories.

Thomas

tgtaylor
20-Jun-2018, 12:10
Ah Nick's! One-of-a-kind place. We used it as a backdrop for a photo of Nick Spitzer for a local magazine before Katrina. 179489

Nick must have passed when that photo was taken. He would have never white-washed the building. In all the years that I knew of it, it remained unpainted with a wood look that would fit in perfectly with the buildings in Bodie. If you didn't know any better you would have thought that this was the mother of all dives but going inside on a weekend night one would have been floored by the apparent social status of the patrons that packed the place. It's amazing to me that the building had withstood strong hurricanes like Betsy unscathed but Katrina was too much.

Thomas

Thom Bennett
20-Jun-2018, 14:32

A couple of more of signage. tgtaylor, you may remember this building it was Stephen's Chevrolet in downtown New Orleans.