PDA

View Full Version : enlarger and timer will not synchronize

balancedfordaylight
21-May-2018, 08:53
My enlarger (beseler 45s with a color head) and my timer will not syncrhonize there is a delay between when I hit the timer and when the enlarger comes on, this delay is sporadic and not for the same duration eatch time it happens

has anyone else had this problem and what may be causeing it ??

George Richards
21-May-2018, 09:33
It is a known problem on older S heads. Sadly I don't know of an easy fix. The bad parts are no longer made. If you have some electronic repair skills there may be solutions.

balancedfordaylight
21-May-2018, 11:29
If I could pinpoint the problem I could probably talk an electician through what needs to be done, part of the problem is there is few if anyone in the new orleans area that can service these enlargers I actually called beseler and that was a dead end

George Richards
21-May-2018, 11:39
I sent you a PM. The problem is likely the older opto isolators that are based on neon lamps. There is mention that these same things are used in music equipment . I'd bet New Orleans has a few shops that work on vintage equipment. They might be a good place to start. Unplug everything take some pictures of the board(s) and let us have a look - there seems to be a couple versions.