PDA

View Full Version : Sinar Norma carrier bushings/slides

Jeff Keller
11-May-2018, 11:17
Inside the carrier clamp there are 2 long and 4 short plastic pieces which slide against the rail. These are worn on my Norma preventing the clamp from holding the rear standard tightly. Does anyone know of a replacement source? Are these just glued in?

Thank you,
jeff

Bob Salomon
11-May-2018, 11:31
Inside the carrier clamp there are 2 long and 4 short plastic pieces which slide against the rail. These are worn on my Norma preventing the clamp from holding the rear standard tightly. Does anyone know of a replacement source? Are these just glued in?

Thank you,
jeff
K&S didn’t have them?

charleymeyer
11-May-2018, 13:09
Sadly, K&S closed last year....

Jeff Keller
11-May-2018, 13:21
K&S -> Keeble and Shuchat in Palo Alto ? Unfortunately they've closed. I suspect Terry Shuchat owns the property and reached a point where he figured he could rent out the locations and make more than enough to support a good retirement without the headaches. He fought against the California Ave redevelopment (and its increased taxes, and loss of business during road/sidewalk construction). The good old days of Kodak film processing a half mile away on Page Mill Rd and Keeble & Shuchat are only history ... and pictures and equipment from the era :)

Bob Salomon
11-May-2018, 13:44
K&S -> Keeble and Shuchat in Palo Alto ? Unfortunately they've closed. I suspect Terry Shuchat owns the property and reached a point where he figured he could rent out the locations and make more than enough to support a good retirement without the headaches. He fought against the California Ave redevelopment (and its increased taxes, and loss of business during road/sidewalk construction). The good old days of Kodak film processing a half mile away on Page Mill Rd and Keeble & Shuchat are only history ... and pictures and equipment from the era :)

I know that, Terry and I were in the same USAF photo lab back in the day. He was the OIC. But they had a repair service and were a Sinar dealer so, if they had parts, they went someplace. You can also ask Jim or Karla at Bear.

Jeff Keller
11-May-2018, 14:32
Thanks Bob, I've had very little contact with Bear Images and had forgotten about them. I'll try calling them (again).

Bob Salomon
11-May-2018, 15:25
Thanks Bob, I've had very little contact with Bear Images and had forgotten about them. I'll try calling them (again).

If they don’t have it check with Bob Watkins at Precision in IL. Could also check with Jerry Sullivan at Precision in TX.