PDA

View Full Version : Hugo meyer Atelier-Schnellarbeiter 360mm f3 petzval

tjuliuxue
27-Apr-2018, 11:43
Hugo meyer Atelier-Schnellarbeiter 360mm f3 petzval lens

Jason Greenberg Motamedi
27-Apr-2018, 12:13
I had one of those a few years back, but I haven't seen one since so they must be pretty uncommon. How is the resolution? The one I had was a bit soft.

tjuliuxue
27-Apr-2018, 12:49
I didn't put it on my sinar norma
the diameter of the lens is almost the same as the sinar lens board,

Andrew Plume
27-Apr-2018, 13:16
A beast indeed........................congratulations, a real 'keeper' perhaps.............?

regards

Andrew

Steven Tribe
28-Apr-2018, 01:17
Last year, there was a European auction (Breker, I think) that sold a whole battery of these late Meyer Petzvals. I think there were 4 - obviously from a Studio that swore to Meyer's look! The production of "ordinary" Petzvals was falling rapidly in the first decade of the 20th century as the numbers of commercial portrait studios was stagnating. It was the period of the soft lenses.

Yours must be a female lens as you don't mention how much she weighs!

tjuliuxue
28-Apr-2018, 02:06
Breker has a lot of nice lenses in the auction, looking forward to the auction this year in September

this one weight 3.5 kg

Steven Tribe
28-Apr-2018, 02:49
Breker still seems to attract sellers, in contrast to many other "Known" sites at the moment.

I wish they had more insightful listings, realistic valuations and starting bid levels, though. At least for large format items.

Andrew Plume
28-Apr-2018, 06:25
Steven

That's Germany and most of Europe for you, there are significantly high expectations if not excessive expectations for what LF items can achieve per se, just visit the European Camera Fairs for confirmation

regards

Andrew