PDA

View Full Version : Kreuznach Schneider

carllwyman
25-Apr-2018, 11:36
I am looking to buy a 210mm 5.6F APO Schneider - I notice on auctions sites that some of these lens are labeled: Kreuznach Schneider.... and some just Schneider...

Is there any difference in the lens design / type / performance or is does the inclusion of Kreuznach mean nothing?

Bob Salomon
25-Apr-2018, 12:00
One is made prior to their bankruptcy in the 80s and the other after divisions were spun off and Heinrich Mandermann bought what was left after the bankruptcy.
But I believe all Apo Symmar versions are post bankruptcy.

Mark Sampson
25-Apr-2018, 13:01
Kreuznach is simply the city where Schneider is/was based. The Symmar-S line was introduced around 1972 and multicoated later in the 70s. The Apo-Symmar lenses were introduced around 1990. Symmar-S, Symmar-S multicoated, Apo-Symmar, I've used examples of each; they all are top-quality lenses. The 135mm Apo-Symmar I used had quite remarkable color rendition and contrast, but you can't go wrong with any of them.

Bob Salomon
25-Apr-2018, 13:23
Kreuznach is simply the city where Schneider is/was based. The Symmar-S line was introduced around 1972 and multicoated later in the 70s. The Apo-Symmar lenses were introduced around 1990. Symmar-S, Symmar-S multicoated, Apo-Symmar, I've used examples of each; they all are top-quality lenses. The 135mm Apo-Symmar I used had quite remarkable color rendition and contrast, but you can't go wrong with any of them.

Bad Kreuznach