PDA

View Full Version : Advice on how to put a 4x5 monorail camera back in original box

Carol C
19-Apr-2018, 09:24
Anybody have any ideas on how to put a monorail back in the original box. It didn't seem like it would be a problem when I listed it for sale in original box. I have been trying to figure it out for several days. I stored it in a Tena case for all the years I had it. The original manual doesn't explain how to take it out of box and assemble. It seemed like the rail was the only thing that I thought actually came off. I attached pictures. I actually emailed Toyo yesterday and they said they couldn't provide me with a picture (which is what I asked for) that they no longer sell this camera and had no images of them in their box. They said just loosen everything and try and figure it out.

malexand
19-Apr-2018, 09:50
Looks to me that the rail would come off and fit into the small top compartment...

Jac@stafford.net
19-Apr-2018, 09:55
What malexand said.

Jeff Keller
19-Apr-2018, 12:11
I would guess the circular recesses in the left styrofoam are for the knobs of the camera (camera lays on its side)

jeff

Bob Salomon
19-Apr-2018, 12:13
I would guess the circular recesses in the left styrofoam are for the knobs of the camera (camera lays on its side)

jeff

Didn’t you guys ever sell these?

Carol C
19-Apr-2018, 18:25
Got it. Took the tripod mounting block off and it all made sense. I think there's room for it to be put back on just in the right spot! Thanks for responses!

Alan Gales
19-Apr-2018, 19:00
Got it. Took the tripod mounting block off and it all made sense. I think there's room for it to be put back on just in the right spot! Thanks for responses!

You're lucky! Most of the stuff I try to put back in the box never seems to fit. It's one of those mysteries of life like how did the matching sock disappear in the dryer? ;)