PDA

View Full Version : Shanghai Film Available from ecbuyonline2008

scm
11-Apr-2018, 13:26
I recently received this email concerning the availability of Shanghai film. I have no affiliation with the sale or the seller other than as a customer.
-------------------------------

Dear buyer,

Here is "ecbuyonline2008" from eBay. We are specialized in camera accessories from 120 folding camera to any Large Format and ultra large format camera, and there is a certain prestige on ebay and large format forums. We noticed that you may interested in films for you had purchased related items from our store before. So I contact you.

Our company successfully got the agency rights of Shanghai Film, to express our gratefulness to all of our customers, we will launch a series of promotions about Shanghai films. Below is the quotations for DIRECT DEALS. If you and your friends happen to need it, welcome to contact us for more information. We accept PayPal, Western Union, bank transfer, etc.

And, we intend to find a reliable overseas agent, we will have more new items in the future. If you also interested in it, we can give you the best price.

http://stevemidgleyphotography.com/Brand.JPG

NOTE: If you are interested in the above items, please reply in the following form:
Item name, format + Quantity + Your country + Your questions.
If there hasn’t suitable size for you, we also provide custom cutting, for any size! minimum order 100 sheets!

We will count the shipping fees according to your country, based on actual shipping charges.

Thanks for your time, and looking forward for your reply :-)

Best regards,
ecbuyonline2008

alberto_zh
12-Apr-2018, 02:26
Hi, what is the nominal speed and shipping cost to Switzerland?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MAubrey
13-Apr-2018, 11:20
Hi, what is the nominal speed and shipping cost to Switzerland?

I think their GP3 film is 100 ISO.

alberto_zh
13-Apr-2018, 11:22
I think their GP3 film is 100 ISO.

Ever tried?

MAubrey
13-Apr-2018, 13:14
Ever tried?

I've not used it no, but only because I didn't know they also had sheet film. Their 120 format is famous for having a huge amount of curl to it that makes scanning frustrating.

Andrew O'Neill
13-Apr-2018, 13:43
I have a box of 4x5 and 8x10. I'm really liking this film.
This one I shot a few weeks ago was on 8x10, #25 filter, developed in Pyrocat-HD.

https://farm1.staticflickr.com/813/41394911232_6250508b56_b.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/264VJW5)Palisades (https://flic.kr/p/264VJW5) by Andrew O'Neill (https://www.flickr.com/photos/62974341@N02/), on Flickr

Andrew O'Neill
13-Apr-2018, 13:54
Pretty hard to beat that price for 14x17. I wonder how much shipping will be to Canada. I remember the shipping of the film that I have was quite high... and then import duties.

sepiareverb
27-Apr-2018, 10:56
My films arrived today. Many thanks!

scm
27-Apr-2018, 14:33
As I said in the original post, I have no connection with the sale of this film or the seller, other than as a customer of the bellows he sells. Please don't message me with questions or orders, the email for the seller is ecbuyonline@foxmail.com

MAubrey
27-Apr-2018, 16:23
Pretty hard to beat that price for 14x17. I wonder how much shipping will be to Canada. I remember the shipping of the film that I have was quite high... and then import duties.

Andrew, I'm in Bellingham. I might be interesting in going in with you and sharing shipping costs. I'm eying their 11x14 film and maybe a box of 5x7 for good measure.

Kevin Harding
30-Apr-2018, 16:14
Andrew, I'm in Bellingham. I might be interesting in going in with you and sharing shipping costs. I'm eying their 11x14 film and maybe a box of 5x7 for good measure.

Hey folks, I might be convinced to be in for some 5x7 and 120 rolls. I'm in Richmond so maybe in between Coquitlam and Bellingham ;)

There was a gentleman on this forum who used to arrange private sales from the factory (he lives in Suzhou, about 20 minutes by train from Shanghai) but he had an issue with a buyer requesting a specific size and then never paying. I felt a little bad for him...

Davidenglish
2-May-2018, 16:50
Been using Shanghai film 100iso
with my 4x5 camera and am pleased with the results

peter schrager
2-May-2018, 19:08
Been using Shanghai film 100iso
with my 4x5 camera and am pleased with the results
show some results please and developing info please!!
best,Peter

pierre506
3-May-2018, 06:43
Hey folks, I might be convinced to be in for some 5x7 and 120 rolls. I'm in Richmond so maybe in between Coquitlam and Bellingham ;)

There was a gentleman on this forum who used to arrange private sales from the factory (he lives in Suzhou, about 20 minutes by train from Shanghai) but he had an issue with a buyer requesting a specific size and then never paying. I felt a little bad for him...Thank you, Kevin,
I was tired of these trivial issues.

Pierre
Suzhou, China

通过我的 MHA-AL00 上的 Tapatalk发言

Thalmees
21-Jun-2018, 15:26
http://stevemidgleyphotography.com/Brand.JPG

Hope the seller will maintain the same level of prices and competitiveness.

Alan9940
21-Jun-2018, 21:14
Where are you getting these prices? I looked at ecbuyonline2008 just today on eBay and 120 rolls of GP3 are nearly $6 per roll! A bit confused here...

cp_photo
25-Jun-2018, 15:27
I bought some Shanghai 100 4x5 via the auction site. It arrived from China to California in about 6 days and the tracking was spot on. I tried developing a few sheets in Ilford Ilfosol as that was the only developer I had on hand, and I wasn't pleased with the results. However, I used Rodinal and I was VERY pleased with some negatives I shot and developed yesterday. 6 minutes in the SP445 tank with light agitation. Really nice results. I wish I had a way of scanning the negatives to share them.

Alan9940
25-Jun-2018, 20:40
I have been using D-23 for 120 roll film and have been pleased with the results.

pierre506
2-Jul-2018, 04:25
I bought some Shanghai 100 4x5 via the auction site. It arrived from China to California in about 6 days and the tracking was spot on. I tried developing a few sheets in Ilford Ilfosol as that was the only developer I had on hand, and I wasn't pleased with the results. However, I used Rodinal and I was VERY pleased with some negatives I shot and developed yesterday. 6 minutes in the SP445 tank with light agitation. Really nice results. I wish I had a way of scanning the negatives to share them.
ISO 40
Kodak D76 1:1
Jobo processor
20℃
7m20s

通过我的 MHA-AL00 上的 Tapatalk发言

shoshin
4-Jul-2018, 04:07
Better don't buy from other sellers than ecbuyonline2008 (he is fine) . There's a lot auf fraud with these films...

Thalmees
5-Jul-2018, 09:18
Where are you getting these prices? I looked at ecbuyonline2008 just today on eBay and 120 rolls of GP3 are nearly $6 per roll! A bit confused here...

, the email for the seller is ecbuyonline@foxmail.com

Regardless number of sheets per box, Per Sheet 4X5 prices:
Arista Ortho(3.9X4.9): $0.27
Shanghai(direct/No Ebay): $0.92
Arista Edu: $1
Fomapan100: $1
Shanghai(ebay): $1.15
Pancro400: $1.25
FP4+: $1.46
HP5+: $1.5
Delta100: $1.6
Ilf Ortho: $1.8
TMx: $2
RPX: $2
TXP: $2.4
TMY2: $2.6

A friend ordered for me some 4X5 film plus 120 Rolls, just arrived.
Super careful packaging, triple packaging(plus courier envelope), fresh batch of film and a clear printed warning message to Customs not to open light sensitive materials in the most internal packaging material.
Checked invoices, and yes $23 per 25 sheets of 4X5 film, and $3.2 per 120 roll, plus reasonably priced Express service.
I should say: Trustworthy Professional group.
Wish the seller maintain the same prices.
Price of almost 3 sheets of Shanghai film for the price of only one(1) sheet of TMY2 film.
That's really big gap.

esearing
7-Jul-2018, 04:15
I ordered some lens boards and other items from their ebay store for a very reasonable price. I didn't expect any branding but they were a high quality brand and well made. They were well packaged individually and sent in a timely manner. They even combined two orders into one box to save on their shipping costs so I consider them smarter than the average bear.

Tim Meisburger
7-Jul-2018, 15:11
I have bought bellows from ecbuyonline with no problem, and shot a lot of Shanghai over the last ten years; and like it. It likes D-76 and D-23. With Rodinal, be careful not to overdevelop, as it looks real bad.