PDA

View Full Version : iPhone Viewfinder app

Adam Fowler
9-Apr-2018, 12:31
Hi guys,

I've just released a previsualisation app for the iPhone. Viewfinder Preview is an iPhone app for previsualising a scene given a film size and lens focal length. Instead of spending all that time setting up your big camera, just choose your desired film/sensor size and focal length in the app and point the iPhone camera at what you want to photo to verify framing. If you are happy with the framing then you can get the big camera out. The app is primarily targeted at the film camera user but there is no reason why someone working in digital can’t take advantage of it.

The app includes

- Customisable menus so you can include the film formats and focal lengths you care about.
- A fully configurable light meter.
- You can take photos with it, so you have a record of shots you were framing.
- Photos taken with the app include additional data that describe the film format, focal length and lighting meter settings at the time the shot was taken
- The ability to add notes to your photos
- A photo gallery for viewing photos taken with the app which also displays the additional data

For more info you can go to my website https://adamfowlerphotography.co.uk/viewfinder/ or you can go straight to the App Store https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/viewfinder-preview/id1216484605?mt=8

thanks
Adam

Tin Can
9-Apr-2018, 12:45
You need a better walkthrough.

I just bought and trying...

I also want 11X14 and lenses tp 1200mm

7X17, etc

Alan9940
9-Apr-2018, 14:48
How do you handle displaying the correct field of view, if using lenses on camera that have an angle of view wider than the iPhone camera lens?

Adam Fowler
9-Apr-2018, 14:55
At the moment the app cannot display outside the capabilities of the iPhone camera. I intend to add support for some of the wide angle lens attachments you can get for the iPhone in the near future.

Adam Fowler
9-Apr-2018, 14:59
I know the walk through isn’t ideal. I’ll look to improve it. Have you looked at the help pages yet? I can increase zoom levels but at some point you’ll hit the limits of the iPhone camera. Regarding the film formats you can add your own custom film format sizes in the film format menu page.

Steve Goldstein
11-Apr-2018, 12:23
I just bought the app and it's fairly easy to figure out. It's an added bonus that it also has a light meter function, is it a spot meter or overall average or ???. I haven't tested the metering accuracy yet against another metering app I have or my spot meter (those two agree within 1/3 stop). There's a hard focal length limit at 400mm, which is likely a consequence of the finite zoom range of the iphone's camera relative to 35mm full-frame, but 400mm isn't all that long for an 8x10 user. It would be even more useful if you could implement format-dependent focal-length limiting, but I understand that's probably a level of complexity beyond the initial release. Why not allow the user to enter whatever focal length he wants into the list and do the limiting at selection time since the format is known then - invalid choices could show in red or something.

HMG
11-Apr-2018, 12:28
How do you handle displaying the correct field of view, if using lenses on camera that have an angle of view wider than the iPhone camera lens?

Wouldn't applying an outline to show the image area address these? I don't have an iPhone so don't know how the app displays currently. I do think it's a useful concept - even if limited to 6x9, 4x5 and 8x10.

Adam Fowler
11-Apr-2018, 13:10
Currently the app will display a red outline and the area that can be captured by the iPhone camera is displayed at the right scale for that focal length.

Adam Fowler
11-Apr-2018, 13:20
I just bought the app and it's fairly easy to figure out. It's an added bonus that it also has a light meter function, is it a spot meter or overall average or ???. I haven't tested the metering accuracy yet against another metering app I have or my spot meter (those two agree within 1/3 stop). There's a hard focal length limit at 400mm, which is likely a consequence of the finite zoom range of the iphone's camera relative to 35mm full-frame, but 400mm isn't all that long for an 8x10 user.

The standard mode for the light meter is average but if you touch the screen it will be a spot meter for the point you touched. It works in a similar way the iPhone camera app works.

Regarding the 400mm focal length limit that is being upped to 1500mm. I have just submitted a new version of the app to Apple with this change

Tin Can
11-Apr-2018, 13:22
Good

I do hope you sell many copies.

What's $2 these days!

Lachlan 717
11-Apr-2018, 13:49
Got this for 7x17. Not much help, as the iPhone’s lens isn’t wide enough to give an image for any lens under 355mm.

This is a screen shot for 305mm:

Here’s 240mm:

As you can see, kinda pointless with all the black.

Obviously, this criticism is not directed at the app; it’s a heads-up based on the iphone’s Lens’ limitations.

williaty
11-Apr-2018, 23:00
If one already has Artist's Viewfinder MkII, what additional features does this app offer?

Adam Fowler
13-Apr-2018, 11:44
Regarding the 400mm focal length limit that is being upped to 1500mm. I have just submitted a new version of the app to Apple with this change

This update is now live

Adam Fowler
14-Apr-2018, 07:29
If one already has Artist's Viewfinder MkII, what additional features does this app offer?

Main additional feature is the lightmeter and histogram view. Oh it doesn't cost an arm and leg either, but sounds like you've lost those already.
It is in active development, so new features will be coming through in the next few months.

Adam Fowler
27-Apr-2018, 11:16
Version 1.1 of Viewfinder Preview has just been released. New features include

- Film emulation filters: You can select a film stock in the Settings and it will apply a filter to the preview view to replicate the colour and tone characteristics of that particular film stock.
- Wide Angle Lens Adapter support: It is possible to buy wide angle lens adapters for the iPhone. With one of these you can preview much shorter focal lengths. The only problem is the phone doesn't know when one of these is attached or how wide they are. You can now add this information in the Settings.
- Aspect ratio overriding: There is an additional button on the main screen for you to set the aspect ratio of the preview.
- Exposure offset: You can add an offset to the lightmeter exposure calculation. If you are using a ND filter use this offset to get the correct exposure inside Viewfinder Preview.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/viewfinder-preview/id1216484605?mt=8

Adam Fowler
27-Apr-2018, 11:18
Got this for 7x17. Not much help, as the iPhone’s lens isn’t wide enough to give an image for any lens under 355mm...

It is possible to buy wide angle lens adapters for the iPhone. With one of these you can preview much shorter focal lengths. The only problem is the phone doesn’t know when one of these is attached or how wide they are. The new version add support for supplying this information.

William Whitaker
27-Apr-2018, 12:38
I feel like such a techno-idiot. How do I download your app? Went to the App Store and it shows a banner saying IOS only, then a description of the app, but no download button. What am I missing here? I am an iPhone as well as a Mac user, so this should move along more easily, I would think.
If this post is inappropriate, I can take the concern directly to Apple, but I'm hoping for a simpler solution.

Tin Can
27-Apr-2018, 15:04
I feel like such a techno-idiot. How do I download your app? Went to the App Store and it shows a banner saying IOS only, then a description of the app, but no download button. What am I missing here? I am an iPhone as well as a Mac user, so this should move along more easily, I would think.
If this post is inappropriate, I can take the concern directly to Apple, but I'm hoping for a simpler solution.

Will, do you have a debit card attached to the App Store?

I keep a low balance Debit card for this purpose.

Adam Fowler
27-Apr-2018, 16:18
I feel like such a techno-idiot. How do I download your app?

Are you doing this on your iPhone or on a computer? If you go to the link on your iPhone it should work fine as long as you’ve got funds. Alternatively you can open the App Store on your phone and search for Viewfinder Preview. I hope that helps.

William Whitaker
27-Apr-2018, 18:12
I was trying this on my computer. I prefer to download to the computer then sync the iPhone.

Gadfly_1971
8-May-2018, 09:03
Just bought this yesterday. Unfortunately it seems there's some sort of glitch in that I cannot add focal lengths. No matter how many times I've tried, hitting the "+" to add once I've entered the focal length just takes me back to the list without entering the new data into the database.

Adam Fowler
8-May-2018, 23:52
Just bought this yesterday. Unfortunately it seems there's some sort of glitch in that I cannot add focal lengths. No matter how many times I've tried, hitting the "+" to add once I've entered the focal length just takes me back to the list without entering the new data into the database.

Yes I see that. Don't know when this stopped working. I'll get a fix out asap. Sorry

Adam Fowler
9-May-2018, 11:54

Version 1.1.3 was released today with a fix for this.

Gadfly_1971
9-May-2018, 12:18
Version 1.1.3 was released today with a fix for this.

Awesome! Thanks for being so quick. :-)

Adam Fowler
8-Jun-2018, 03:34
Version 1.2 of Viewfinder Preview was released today. It includes the new Journal view. This is an alternative to the film strip style Photo Gallery that is already available. The idea behind the Journal is to streamline the viewing of the data attached to photos and the editing of notes.

Along with the Journal comes the ability to create Albums. Use Albums to store all the images from one project, trip, storyboard etc. Setup an active album to which all photos you capture are automatically added. The Journal was meant to give you a form of iPhone based photography notebook. With the album feature you can have a separate notebook for each of your projects.

rdenney
8-Jun-2018, 07:02
Looks good; I will use it.

But gee whiz, I shoot in 24x36, 645 digital, 67 film, and 4x5, with about ten lenses for each. I quickly ran out of focal lengths that the app would list. It seems to be capped at about 20.

Also, I see a control for linking settings to format, but I don't see any effect of that. Having a list of focal lengths for each format would be nice for those of us who work in many formats.

My iphone is almost wide enough for 90mm on 4x5--now pondering an iphone holder for my Travelwide.

Rick "lensaholic" Denney

Adam Fowler
8-Jun-2018, 10:56

But gee whiz, I shoot in 24x36, 645 digital, 67 film, and 4x5, with about ten lenses for each. I quickly ran out of focal lengths that the app would list. It seems to be capped at about 20.

Also, I see a control for linking settings to format, but I don't see any effect of that. Having a list of focal lengths for each format would be nice for those of us who work in many formats.

My iphone is almost wide enough for 90mm on 4x5--now pondering an iphone holder for my Travelwide.

Rick "lensaholic" Denney

My god that's a lot of lenses. One feature I'm looking into is focal length lists per film format. In the meantime I can up the menu limit.

The link settings to format option will store the last iso, focal length, film emulation and aspect ratio used with a format. The next time you select that format these values are restored. I kept finding when out with multiple cameras I was forgetting to change the iso when changing between cameras (that had different film loaded) and then getting wrong light meter readings. With this option enabled, the iso is setup correctly whenever I change film format in the app.

rdenney
8-Jun-2018, 11:02
Sounds great. And it is a lot of lenses. I can’t help it. But I never know which ones I’ll take on a given excursion.

Current dilemma: how to divide my lenses on Sinar boards between the F case and the P case. Oh, the horror!

Rick “may need more lenses” Denney

Adam Fowler
12-Jun-2018, 11:12
Version 1.2.1 is out with a much larger focal length menu. This version has also added iPad support.

Adam Fowler
7-Jul-2018, 01:43

Rick "lensaholic" Denney

Version 1.3 which is available now, includes the separate focal length menus for each film format. This should allow you to reduce the size of your focal menu per format.

ajmiller
7-Jul-2018, 11:57
I used the app for the first time last week on the North York Moors and was well impressed. Not just a viewfinder but a great way of visualising the scene in B&W and keeping a record of the exposures. Great job, well done!

seabee1999
8-Jul-2018, 11:22
I purchased the app yesterday and have been using it for some things around the house. I like it and seems very user friendly. My question though, is there a way to keep default settings on the AV/TV/M to M? It likes to switch on me after I close out of the app from M to AV.

R/
Dave

Adam Fowler
8-Jul-2018, 11:39
I purchased the app yesterday and have been using it for some things around the house. I like it and seems very user friendly. My question though, is there a way to keep default settings on the AV/TV/M to M? It likes to switch on me after I close out of the app from M to AV.

R/
Dave

Hi, I had decided to switch off the manual on restart because I thought people would forget they had it on and assume the exposure readings they were getting were correct. I know I miss stuff even though it is straight in front of my eyes. I can rethink that, I guess an additional option to not reset is a possibility.

Adam

seabee1999
8-Jul-2018, 11:45
Hi, I had decided to switch off the manual on restart because I thought people would forget they had it on and assume the exposure readings they were getting were correct. I know I miss stuff even though it is straight in front of my eyes. I can rethink that, I guess an additional option to not reset is a possibility.

Adam

Thanks for your reply Adam. I was hoping it could be a setting that was a personal setting to set in the the settings section of the app. I stopped shooting AV/TV a long time ago. Having the option to set and keep at M would be useful, at least in my humble opinion.

R/
Dave

seabee1999
2-Aug-2018, 16:29
Just installed the update and I dig the manual exposure default switch. Thank you for that option.

R/
Dave

John Jarosz
6-Aug-2018, 05:39
Adam,
I just purchased your app and it looks good.

My primary usage would be with my 8x20 using a 1200mm lens. I see you've increased the acceptable lens focal lengths. Could you do the same for film width (increase it to 20 inches)?

Thanks. I really appreciate the convenience your app gives to us goofy guys with the giant cameras.

John

Adam Fowler
8-Aug-2018, 08:56
Adam,
My primary usage would be with my 8x20 using a 1200mm lens. I see you've increased the acceptable lens focal lengths. Could you do the same for film width (increase it to 20 inches)?

John

Looking at 8x20 cameras on the internet they look awesome. The next release will allow for a 20 inch film width, although the app already allows you to go up to 500mm which is almost 20 inches.

I'm currently on holiday so don't expect a release for a week or so though.

Adam

John Jarosz
8-Aug-2018, 09:07
Thanks very much.
Have a great holiday.

John

John Jarosz
8-Aug-2018, 09:18
Hmmm

I mis-interpreted the error message when I tried to enter 508mm for the 20" film width. Actually, 500mm is fine as it more closely represents the film size without the rebate generated by the filmholder.

So for me your original number of 500mm is perfectly acceptable. Sorry for the confusion on my part.

John

nomennominatur
16-Dec-2018, 23:33
It is a very useful app, in principle. However, I do not seem to be able to make the „spot meter“ function work. On tapping within the preview, the square appears, but no change in exposure or histogram take place. When tapping outside the preview, the square box does not disappear.
Thanks for the good work and please keep on improving this grat app, even if, due to the niche market, it will not be commercially attractive to do so ...

nomennominatur
16-Dec-2018, 23:46
Unfortunately, changing film format and/or focal length seems to be a bit of a hit and miss affair. Most often, changing the value does not result in any change in the preview image, which is a bit disconcerting.

otto.f
17-Dec-2018, 00:53
The standard mode for the light meter is average but if you touch the screen it will be a spot meter for the point you touched. It works in a similar way the iPhone camera app works.

Thanks, nice app! Thus far I used Cadrage, but that app is only for composition and doesn’t tell me how the tonal scale would come out. I wonder if I can trust the light meter for long exposure times, for instance 160 secs, for being corrected for reciprocity failure for instance for Delta 100? And if so, if you used the Ilford figures?

jmontague
18-Dec-2018, 18:33
Unfortunately, changing film format and/or focal length seems to be a bit of a hit and miss affair. Most often, changing the value does not result in any change in the preview image, which is a bit disconcerting.

I have had the same experience. I have to stop and restart the app for the focal length to change. Too bad - I nice idea.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

nomennominatur
19-Dec-2018, 02:16
The app‘s behaviour
- is inconsistent on my iPhone (as detailed in previous posts) with regard to changing FL of film format,
- yet it seems to work flawlessly on my iPad...

Thus, it seems a matter of debugging and no principal flaw. Please DO keep up the work on this little gem, as the iPad is a bit unwieldy to be used as a viewfinder in the field :cool:

Adam Fowler
19-Dec-2018, 09:48
Thanks, nice app! Thus far I used Cadrage, but that app is only for composition and doesn’t tell me how the tonal scale would come out. I wonder if I can trust the light meter for long exposure times, for instance 160 secs, for being corrected for reciprocity failure for instance for Delta 100? And if so, if you used the Ilford figures?

Sorry , the app does not correct for reciprocity failure.

Adam Fowler
19-Dec-2018, 09:48

I'll private message you to get details and see what I can do.

Adam Fowler
30-Dec-2018, 04:48

The unresponsive UI issues have now been resolved. Version 1.4 which was released today contains the fix. Thank you to nomennominatur for helping me to find the issue. It was a performance issue related to the older plus size iPhones.

Steve Goldstein
30-Dec-2018, 07:32
The new version also has a feature I've long wished for - it now shows frames for multiple focal lengths, not just the selected one. Thanks for the nice improvement!

Tin Can
30-Dec-2018, 07:47
Are we Version1.3.4 Build 929? Using iPhone SE iOS 12.1.2?

I didn't see an update in App Store.

I still have extreme difficulty with this App.

scheinfluger_77
30-Dec-2018, 07:57
Any chance you will compile this for Android?

Roger Thoms
30-Dec-2018, 08:13
Are we Version1.3.4 Build 929? Using iPhone SE iOS 12.1.2?

I didn't see an update in App Store.

The update just showed up on my iPad a few minutes ago. Also showed up on my iPhone.

Roger

Tin Can
30-Dec-2018, 08:23
Thanks Roger!
Got it V1.4 Build 981

I'll try again, soon:)

The update just showed up on my iPad a few minutes ago. Also showed up on my iPhone.

Roger

Adam Fowler
31-Dec-2018, 06:45

Hey Randy, what issues are you seeing? Is there something we can do to improve the experience

Adam Fowler
31-Dec-2018, 06:47
Any chance you will compile this for Android?

Sorry no plans for an Android version.

Tin Can
31-Dec-2018, 08:03
It's working much better now. The popup tips are great, but I wish they rotated with the screen as I mostly use the app and any camera in horizontal

Using the SE is part of my problem. Lovely phone that fits anywhere, but tiny screen. Soon as as the new iPad mini 4 shows up I will get one.

Hey Randy, what issues are you seeing? Is there something we can do to improve the experience

Adam Fowler
1-Jan-2019, 04:55
It's working much better now. The popup tips are great, but I wish they rotated with the screen as I mostly use the app and any camera in horizontal.

Popups should rotate with the screen. Are you sure you don't have the screen orientation locked? Would you be able to send us a screen shot in landscape.
cheers Adam

Tin Can
1-Jan-2019, 06:24
Yes it was locked by default.

Now pop ups rotate.

Thank you!

Popups should rotate with the screen. Are you sure you don't have the screen orientation locked? Would you be able to send us a screen shot in landscape.
cheers Adam

hyperbokeh19
10-Jan-2019, 19:02
I haven't considered trying this one yet.

andrewd
14-Jul-2020, 10:05
Hi Adam,

Awesome app!
I haven’t read the whole thread so sorry if this has already been asked. Could I request a function to quickly visualise the effect of standard B/W filters? Ideally there should be direct buttons for common filters whenever in BW mode instead of going into the settings. I am thinking of a row of coloured circular icons next to the film type, so you could tap each filter and quickly see the effect.

Adam Fowler
14-Jul-2020, 23:32
I haven’t read the whole thread so sorry if this has already been asked. Could I request a function to quickly visualise the effect of standard B/W filters? Ideally there should be direct buttons for common filters whenever in BW mode instead of going into the settings. I am thinking of a row of coloured circular icons next to the film type, so you could tap each filter and quickly see the effect.

Hi, it is on my list of features to add. I have made attempt at getting this right but so far haven't been very happy with the results. Once I get it right I'll be sure to release it.

andrewd
15-Jul-2020, 04:50
Thanks Adam, good to hear it is on your list.

Another feature I thought of is an image display mode to help utilise the zone system for choosing exposure. The grey scale tonal range would be discretised into integer EV stops (zones), and stops above and below a defined dynamic range coloured red/green as a warning flag that these tones would clip. You could then apply a +/- exposure shift to get the range of zones to map where you want them.

nitroplait
29-Jan-2022, 02:12
Hello Adam,
Just bought the app (1.10.1 build 1415). It is a great tool for visualisation and absolutely worth the modest price - thanks for making it! It will be very useful as I venture into Large Format land.

I notice that filters are now implemented - which was a pleasing surprise, but I noticed that the effect is somewhat weaker than what I normally experience when using filters on BW film. For example, yesterday was sunny with a clear blue sky, but the app's red filter barely darkened the sky - on the other hand my B+W Red filter (Wratten 25 equivalent) would darken the sky considerably.
Is this a design choice or are you still tweaking the filter functionality?

Hi, it is on my list of features to add. I have made attempt at getting this right but so far haven't been very happy with the results. Once I get it right I'll be sure to release it.

Ari
1-Feb-2022, 07:14
I have the Viewfinder app, but thought I'd try this one, and so far the lens input menu is quite accurate.
My only cameras are 8x10 and digital MF, which can be slightly more complicated to set up.
On digital, I use the 6x7 crop and your viewfinder lines up perfectly with every GFX lens. No need to use the crop factor (0.79x). Well done, Adam!
Taking out the digital camera is hardly a chore, but if I'm scouting, it will come in handy.
That goes double for the 8x10, which is more of a commitment to set up.

Steve Sherman
1-Feb-2022, 09:00
I'm strictly a large film guy. I use your app religiously, maybe the only technology I use but it is a terrific tool, and endorse the app in my own YouTube videos. I'm always struck by no matter how much content features or tricks you share with some photographers, they're always looking for more. Kudos Adam Fowler !!

Ari
9-Feb-2022, 08:13
Adam, I've been using the app for 8x10 and I find that the FLs I enter are consistently wide compared to the actual lens being used.
I'm not talking about a few mms off, either.
In order for things to look about the same as my 300mm Xenar, the app has to be set to 355mm.
Same with the 210, which needs 240 on the phone, and a 150 which is best matched with 180mm on the phone.
I'm using an iPhone 11 with multiple lenses, but maybe I misused a different setting?
It seems consistent, now that I re-examine the GFX lenses as well.
My initial test was with an 80mm lens, and it looked accurate at first. Coming back the next day, though, I realized the phone image was much wider than the actual image.
I had my phone balanced at a different angle, but if I take care to line up the phone and focal plane, the app is always wider.

Adam Fowler
10-Feb-2022, 02:02
Hello Adam,
I notice that filters are now implemented - which was a pleasing surprise, but I noticed that the effect is somewhat weaker than what I normally experience when using filters on BW film. For example, yesterday was sunny with a clear blue sky, but the app's red filter barely darkened the sky - on the other hand my B+W Red filter (Wratten 25 equivalent) would darken the sky considerably.
Is this a design choice or are you still tweaking the filter functionality?

Hi Niels,

Any process applied to the captured image will always reduce the amount detail in the image. A red filter as a post process can be quite aggressive in reducing fidelity in your image. I was trying to balance this detail loss with a real world result. I do agree with you though the red filter is probably not strong enough and will look at it again.

Adam Fowler
10-Feb-2022, 02:15
Adam, I've been using the app for 8x10 and I find that the FLs I enter are consistently wide compared to the actual lens being used.

Hi Ari,

This could be due to different image sizes generated by different 8x10 cameras. Your best bet is to create a custom camera in the App. First you need to measure the size of a negative image generated by the camera. I use a scanner to get completely accurate results. Once you have the width and height of your negative, go to the "edit camera menu" section of the app, press the "+" button in the bottom left hand corner and enter a name for your camera and the width and height you got from your negative. This should give you a more accurate result.

If you are still seeing issues this may be due to a calibration error for the iPhone 11 and I can have another look at this.

Adam Fowler
10-Feb-2022, 02:27
I'm strictly a large film guy. I use your app religiously, maybe the only technology I use but it is a terrific tool, and endorse the app in my own YouTube videos. I'm always struck by no matter how much content features or tricks you share with some photographers, they're always looking for more. Kudos Adam Fowler !!

Hey Steve, glad you find the app useful and thanks for the endorsements. People will always want more. Any feature that does get added is based on a delicate balance between desire to not overload the app with too much that nobody can find anything, usefulness of the feature and my own free time :-)

Ari
10-Feb-2022, 14:16
Hi Ari,

This could be due to different image sizes generated by different 8x10 cameras. Your best bet is to create a custom camera in the App. First you need to measure the size of a negative image generated by the camera. I use a scanner to get completely accurate results. Once you have the width and height of your negative, go to the "edit camera menu" section of the app, press the "+" button in the bottom left hand corner and enter a name for your camera and the width and height you got from your negative. This should give you a more accurate result.

If you are still seeing issues this may be due to a calibration error for the iPhone 11 and I can have another look at this.

Thanks, Adam, will keep you posted on the 8x10.
The GFX sensor size has been accurately measured for there 7:6 format I use, but the same issue with image size on the iPhone arises.
Mind you, none of this is a huge deal, but it is a viewfinder app.
You could offer an option to store lenses by name, that way if a 300mm shows up as a 330mm on the iPhone, the user can simply access "Xenar 300" with their own FL plugged in.

_Karl
8-Mar-2022, 14:46
Is the app still available? I've tried a number of times and cannot figure out how to install it. Think I might even have paid for it.

PatrickMarq
19-Mar-2022, 11:53
I still see it in the Apple App Store.

_Karl
20-Mar-2022, 09:37
Thank you.
I did manage to figure it out.