PDA

View Full Version : Copal shutter size 0 aperture pole

kinglang
30-Mar-2018, 20:04
Hi all,

I just buy a copal shutter size 0, i find the aperture pole can not stop at each aperture scale like F5.6-F8-F11-F22 and so on.
I check this use with my schneider digitar lens ,each of them can stop at each aperture scale and fixed at it if you not keep on rotate the lever.

If anyone know of this? Can i modify my Copal 0 shutter?

Luis-F-S
30-Mar-2018, 20:36
Nope that’s the way Copals are made. Compurs have click stops Copals don’t.

Bob Salomon
30-Mar-2018, 21:09

Copal,and Prontors have clickmstops, Copal,do not. The last Prontor Pro shutters had disengageable click stops!

Pfsor
31-Mar-2018, 00:14
Copal,and Prontors have clickmstops, Copal,do not. ...

Hmm. And what about Copal?

Phil Hudson
31-Mar-2018, 00:28
Some of the last Copal 0 and 1 shutters made did indeed have click stop apertures in third stops. For example my Apo Symmar L lenses have this feature.

Oren Grad
31-Mar-2018, 00:28

Copal,and Prontors have clickmstops, Copal,do not. The last Prontor Pro shutters had disengageable click stops!

At least according to Schneider's literature, lenses from late in Schneider's large format lens production came in Copal shutters to which third-stop clicks have been added. IIRC this was mentioned when the Apo-Symmar L series was announced, and it can also be seen in the description of Copal shutters on page 20 of the very last version of Schneider's large format lens catalog (white cover, title "LARGE FORMAT LENSES", numbered "108 11" on the bottom corner of the rear cover).

As the OP mentions, this was apparently true of the Digitars as well.

kinglang
31-Mar-2018, 06:22
So we can`t add click stop to Copal shutter?

Oren Grad
31-Mar-2018, 09:20
I haven't heard of it being done as a modification to a Copal shutter that was sold without, but that doesn't necessarily mean it is impossible. I think you will need to ask a repairman who works on Copal shutters.