PDA

View Full Version : Adox Film

durr3
28-Mar-2018, 09:24
Do any of you guys use Adox 4x5 film? Good, Bad or So So?
What other film would you compare the look of Adox film to?
Thanks,
J

peter schrager
28-Mar-2018, 13:05
I'm waiting for the return of the asa100 film..that was nice
Not holding my breath though...

Jimi
28-Mar-2018, 13:09
No point in holding your breath :D - I guess they have to finish the new facilities in Bad Saarow first. Back in 2019? Who knows?

I liked it in smaller format, but haven't used it in sheets - I am patiently waiting to see if it shows up again.

peter schrager
28-Mar-2018, 18:01
No point in holding your breath :D - I guess they have to finish the new facilities in Bad Saarow first. Back in 2019? Who knows?

I liked it in smaller format, but haven't used it in sheets - I am patiently waiting to see if it shows up again.
I have a feeling it's not coming back..there are quite a few 100 speed films available right now all good..fp4 foma100
Tmax100 some Chinese stuff etc

Michael W
29-Mar-2018, 05:36
I used a box of the CHS II a couple of years ago. Roughly similar look to FP4. From memory FP4 is cheaper so I had no reason to buy any more of the Adox.

karl french
29-Mar-2018, 06:24
If we're talking about the Adox CHS 100 II, then I think it has a unique look. It's ortho-panchromatic, so I suppose it's most like Fuji Acros. It was very reasonably priced for me in the US. I still have 50 sheets of 7x17 and 30 of 8x20. I'm looking forward to new production run...

Pere Casals
29-Mar-2018, 08:21
From Adox I use CMS 20.

A film that's was not made for pictorial usage, but for microfilm applications and for extreme resolving power. It's a pain to use it, but it also has some incredible capacities, and a very particular look.

barnacle
29-Mar-2018, 12:46
I'm fond of the CHS 100 type II - I like the ortho look. I also like that it will work with long exposures so I can photograph gloomy interiors.

Neil

G Benaim
29-Mar-2018, 14:16
I'm fond of the CHS 100 type II - I like the ortho look. I also like that it will work with long exposures so I can photograph gloomy interiors.

Neil
Neil. I wasn't aware that Adox had especially good long exp characteristics, could you say more about it? Does it behave a acros used to? Also, is Efke 100 the same film? Thanks

karl french
29-Mar-2018, 15:21
http://www.adox.de/Technical_Informations/TA_CHS100II_EN.pdf

Efke 100 was sold under the Adox CHS name. After Fotochemika went under, a new film was developed by the folks at Fotoimpex called Adox CHS 100 II.

barnacle
31-Mar-2018, 06:14
@G Bemain: unfortunately I can't be in *any* way precise; I tend to be very much a stick my thumb in the air and guess type and I certainly haven't done any formal measurements.

I'm trying - and failing miserably - to find some examples. The search engine is not helping me... but at metered exposures of around a minute I've given it four or five, and for really dark scenes with a meter of four minutes I've given half an hour.

Neil