PDA

View Full Version : Joshua Tree fires

Fred L
27-Mar-2018, 19:09
Just saw this on my Twitter feed. For those who frequent the place or care about historic natural environments.

https://apnews.com/f2ea9c4dea244aef90eeab293b8a19c9/Fire-at-Joshua-Tree-damages-California-landmark?utm_campaign=SocialFlow&utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=APWestRegion

Drew Wiley
27-Mar-2018, 20:14
Sickening. Sick people.

Drew Wiley
27-Mar-2018, 20:25
The kid who burned 48,000 acres of the Columbia River Gorge that cost over 20 million dollars to put out was only charged with a misdemeanor and given 5 yrs probation plus community service. He's lucky the court didn't release his name.

Jim Fitzgerald
27-Mar-2018, 21:24
The kid who burned 48,000 acres of the Columbia River Gorge that cost over 20 million dollars to put out was only charged with a misdemeanor and given 5 yrs probation plus community service. He's lucky the court didn't release his name.

Drew, I'm really pissed about that! It is a mess up there. It will take years to restore what this fool did. What about the parents? Hell, he destroyed an amazing place. I say lock him up. Yes I'm still pissed about it.People need to be held accountable for their actions.Period.

AJ Edmondson
27-Mar-2018, 22:04
AMEN... the idea that people can destroy property, get caught and - basically walk away is the stupidest concept. The clown who burned the bridge on I85 in Atlanta is damn near hailed as a "folk hero" because he was a homeless drug-addict. Figure that one out!
Joel