PDA

View Full Version : polaroid 55

Carl Valiquet
21-Aug-2005, 10:45
I would like to take photographs on location on 4x5 55 polaroid PN. Is there some type of holder that I can use once the neg and postive have been seperated. Some type of container with water to put the neg in till I am back at the studio.
Thank you.
Carl Valiquet*

darr
21-Aug-2005, 11:41
Carl,

Some of us use these:
"This handy Positive/Negative Film Clearing Kit from Polaroid" (http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=productlist&A=details&Q=&sku=259027&is=REG&addedTroughType=categoryNavigation)

And others have found they can easily customize picnic coolers with plastic slits to hold the film in place while soaking in the solution of sodium sulfite.

Darr

Amund BLix Aaeng
21-Aug-2005, 11:42
I just pull them out without processing them after shooting, and do the processing when I come home...

Jonathan_5775
21-Aug-2005, 11:53
My sentiments exactly. There's no benefit to opening them in the field - certainly not for proofing since the exposure varies so much between the two - I think it's only 2/3 of a stop if I remember correctly - but since the latitude is so tiny it makes all the difference.

Bill_1856
21-Aug-2005, 14:11
I double bag them in ziplock baggies with enough water to keep them moist.

Struan Gray
22-Aug-2005, 01:42
Look in a Kitchen Store for small food containers from 'Lock and Lock'. These have an elastomer seal and are completely watertight, even when inverted and shaken in a rucksack. They are the best thing I have found for carrying sulphite solution in the field.

That said, I almost never use the neg for proofing, so like the others here I can usually wait until I get home before processing the sheets.

Bosaiya
22-Aug-2005, 13:44
I just put the negs in tupperware with water in it, then put that in two layers of ziplock freezer bags.